Cyber Architect Principal
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Architect Principal
The optimal candidate for this role has the ability to produce creative design solutions in assigned domains that can be implemented in accordance to both cost and schedule, and also meet all demands of a wide and diverse customer base. This position supports all business areas within the Enterprise. This role is a full-time teleworker position.
Duties will vary, but may include any or all of the following:
- Lead technical strategic planning of current and future enterprise security domains including those which may introduce new service areas. Existing tools, templates and techniques may be used to aid with analysis, but unique situations may require additional consulting and identifying non-standard approaches to securing the environment.
-Develop and/or review Architectural security design following CIS standards and processes. Successfully develop technical assessments based upon analysis and trade studies.
- Work with customers, vendors and suppliers in exploration of technologies, services, and products to identify candidates for further exploration and development.
-Lead architectural design and development, prototyping, COTS evaluation (products and services), trade study analysis, for new or changing services.
- Proactive identification and resolution of security obstacles/issues affecting architectures and deployments. Work with enterprise functions to understand future needs.
- Lead proposal and presentation of concepts for new or changing services to leadership as well as peers.
- Provide mentoring and/or guidance to less senior technical professionals.
-Proven experience SAP suite of products, particularly S/4 HANA (cloud)
-Proven experience in strategy and requirements development
- Wide range of knowledge across IT disciplines including software, hardware and network engineering
- Ability to juggle the demands of multiple diverse customers while formulating & driving Enterprise-level security direction
- Proven effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proven effective leadership skills
- Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
- Experience with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Solid understanding of cloud computing design and security principles
- Experience with risk-based security engineering and threat modeling
- Experience designing and documenting recommended security reference architecture for computing environments.
- ABILITY TO OBTAIN, AT A MINIMUM, A SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Experience with SAP platform and its suite of products
-Current active DoD Secret Security Clearance preferred
- Experience with IPv6 network technologies
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Recognized security certification (CISSP, CEH or others)
- Recognized cloud certification (CSSP, AWS CSA, CompTIA Cloud+, CCSK or others)
- Familiarity with FedRamp
- Demonstrated understanding / proficiency in application containerization, APIs, web services
- Knowledge of common DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack and others
- Demonstrated experience utilizing agile frameworks for project lifecycle
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks such as PCI, PII / Privacy Shield, SOX, etc.
-Experience with PLM, ERP and MES systems
-Experience with ITAR restrictions
-Experience with Multi-Level Security Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Architect Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.