Contracts Negotiator Sr/Orlando, FL
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Negotiator Sr/Orlando, FL
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
WHY LOCKHEED MARTIN:
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems we value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
- The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (4/10 schedule)
- A competitive 401k match and bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Long Term stability
- A Receptive and Inclusive Culture focused on Career Development, Continued Learning/Tuition Assistance, and Mentoring Opportunities
The Senior Contracts Negotiator will work a number of programs in our Training Simulation Solutions (TSS) Market Segment primarily supporting US Government programs, but may also support some Direct Commercial Sales. They will work both Prime Contracts and IWTAs (inter-company agreements). Responsibilities will also include Contracts support for potential TSS’s major new business opportunities! The chosen candidate will support the TSS markets with proposal preparation, negotiation, and contract administration. The contracts negotiator will develop and apply solutions to problems requiring the use of a high degree of ingenuity and creativity. The contracts negotiator will review customer requests for proposals and offer alternate approaches to mitigate risks involving schedule, cost, specifications, etc. The contracts negotiator will maintain communication with cross-functional organizations and customers to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to execute the required actions on time. The contracts negotiator will ensure contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations. Since establishing internal and external customer relationships is imperative, this role may require occasional domestic and potential international travel.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities!
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
• Experience with USG Intellectual Property terms and licenses.
• Experience with USG (FAR/DFARS) in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out.
• Experience with Multiple USG Contract Types (FFP, FPIF, CPAF, CPFF).
• First-hand negotiation experience.
• Ability to make effective presentations to senior management.
• Analytical thinking, risk analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions, providing governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability/willingness to travel as needed.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin policies and procedures; specifically CMS-510.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin's Electronic Contracting Systems.
• Contract drafting experience and experience with various contract types and contracting vehicles.
• Previous experience with Direct Commercial Sales
• This individual will have demonstrated abilities to develop customer relationships, provide RFP shaping/analysis and have participated in proposal development and bid strategy.
• Certified Federal Contracts Manager or equivalent. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part time telecommutingWork Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.