Component Engineer / Aerospace / Orlando, FL
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Component Engineer / Aerospace / Orlando, FL
Candidate will be responsible for assisting Electrical and ElectroMechanical Design Engineers in selecting parts for new designs and design updates, component failure analyses, locating sources for parts required to support production lines and logistics, and providing support to Supplier Quality on problems with parts during receiving inspection and production.
In addition, the candidate will perform detailed part level obsolescence studies including generating Scientific and Technical Reports for Obsolescence Mitigation and Management Plan, Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) Risk Mitigation Strategy, Plastic Microcircuit Listing, formation of Parts Management Plans and delivering Source Data for Forecasting DMSMS Program Results for customer obsolescence review.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld. Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Experience in Electrical or Materials Science Engineering with a good understanding of electronic components.
- Must be proficient with computer tools such as MS Excel.
- Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to shadow Senior Components Engineer at the start of the assignment to develop the necessary skills for this position. Also must be able to learn task specific tools such as Q-Star, Partminer and web based obsolescence tools.
- Must have good communication skills and able to effectively work with manufacturers and other external part suppliers.
- Experience in Components Engineering with broad knowledge of electronic components and devices.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering experience (such as components or digital/analog design).
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Must be proficient with computer tools such as Access. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electrical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.