53E Program Quality Engineer
New Bern, North Carolina
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
53E Program Quality Engineer
New Bern, North Carolina
Provide support for warehouse requirements as needed regarding the receipt of non-conforming material and re-inspect activity as associated with SLED extensions.
They will also be responsible for the following items;
• Generate Discrepancy reports for material in storage location 8170 as required.
• Review SLED (Shelf life expiration date) material and disposition accordingly.
• Work with other Sikorsky functional groups to implement corrective actions that will mitigate future escapes to the fleet and develop product improvements where possible.
• Program Quality Engineering (PQE) support of program requirements and objectives. PQE will serve as the point of contact on contract quality related issues with the customer. This also includes typical quality engineering activities related to flow down of unique quality requirements, as applicable, investigation and resolution of quality issues on both manufactured and supplier provided components and assemblies, support to all IPTs and PMWG as applicable.
• Quality assurance provisions of special processes (for example, heat treating, shot-peening, welding and plating).
• An understanding of Overhaul and Repair of aircraft and components.
• Manufacturing processes.
• Working knowledge and understating of testing procedures Drawing/Blueprint Interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Flight Safety Part Certification, Inspection Methods Specification Interpretation, Special Processes Knowledge, Laboratory Testing Knowledge, Commodity-specific knowledge, Machined Parts, Castings/Forgings, Electronics/Avionics/Wiring Harnesses, Elastomeric’s & Vulcanized Assemblies, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Composites, Hydraulics Gears/Splines, Bearings, Hoses ,Tubes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills Communication / Interpersonal Organization / Prioritization
• Ability to lift and maneuver aircraft parts of different shapes and sizes up to 25 lbs. safely.
• Command of the English Language - spoken and written.
• Integrity, professionalism, sound judgment and the highest degree of objectivity.
• Understanding of Sikorsky technical publications
• Computer Skills Experience using MS Office, SAP and other software. Proficiency with SAP and Solomina is preferred as this will be used in your day to day operation.
• Experience in aerospace quality or engineering.
• Experience with quality control methods and techniques, in relation to aircraft components and parts, including knowledge of the following: Overhaul and Repair, in-process, and final assembly inspections.
• Organization / Prioritization skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Integrity, professionalism, sound judgment and the highest degree of objectivity
• You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment with frequently changing priorities.
• The following commodity-specific knowledge and experience is preferred:
Sheet Metal Fabrication
Hoses Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.