NAS Pax River, Maryland
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
NAS Pax River, Maryland
This position will provide leadership to the Quality function to the test and development activities and other duties as assigned.
Responsible for leadership of an organization of approximately salary and hourly associates.
Ensures compliance with company’s policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, etc.
Demonstrates commitment to achieving environmental, safety, & health (ESH) goals and objectives including compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and training requirements for a safe workplace
Develops/maintains performance metrics and manages resource to effectively achieve financial and manpower budgets (e.g. indirect costs, sustaining costs, etc.). Ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures, schedules, and work plans.
Frequent contacts with equivalent level managers, industry peers, and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, technical activities, schedules, contractual issues, and general overall performance of organizational unit(s). Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
Responsible for all assigned projects to organizational unit. Acts as advisor to subordinate supervisors or staff members. Focuses on directing organization to meet critical schedules, resolve critical/complex technical or operational problems. Directly participates in establishing and administering many projects and assignments. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
Successful candidate will effectively contribute to the site leadership team and manage the Quality team in support of the program test and flight operations. Foster and implement discrepancy review teams (DRT), corrective action board (CAB), High Visibility (Hi-Vis) escape management process, Quality Council, and data analysis to identify developing trends and maintaining product center key quality metrics. Promote continuous improvement through effective use of root cause analysis (RCA) tools to eliminate discrepancies and escapes. Implement standard work for key processes and support Enterprise Excellence and Lean Six Sigma techniques to improve systems, reduce waste and cost, drive operational excellence.
Candidates for this position should possess strong product and process knowledge, excellent technical skills, adept with desktop PC applications and information systems, and communication and presentation skills.
• Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment with strong skills in AS9100 certification and compliance
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision required.
• Demonstrated understanding of maintenance/repair manuals and/or technical drawings.
• Experience in root cause analysis, mistake proofing, project management, and technical writing skills.
• Knowledge/ability to effectively use MicroSoft Office is required.
• Must possess effective communications skills and able to structure, prepare, and deliver compelling and clear communications to all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge and ability to use manufacturing execution systems (MES) and enterprise requirements planning (ERP) systems
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement methodology
• Ability to give, receive, and act on critical feedback
• Ability to form creative partnerships to improve execution and competitive performance
Candidate must possess a high level of adaptability and have a proven ability to demonstrate focus achieving positive results.
Strong process aptitude and demonstrated advocacy required. We are seeking an individual with proven technical ability and business judgment.
Limited travel to domestic or international sites maybe required as well as occasional overtime to support production and customer milestones.
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD.
While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program through final operational capability, currently planned no earlier than December 2021*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach facility to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
*Based on test plan schedule.
• Prefer experience working with Sikorsky Aircraft helicopter products and Manufacturing/Quality with previous supervisory/leadership experience. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.