Hangar/Flight Line Inspector, Pax River, Multiple Shifts
NAS Pax River, Maryland
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Hangar/Flight Line Inspector, Pax River, Multiple Shifts
NAS Pax River, Maryland
• Perform pre-flight, post-flight, Hangar completion, acceptance and delivery inspections on Military and Commercial aircraft for conformance to Engineering specifications and customers requirements.
• Follow inspection procedures, complex drawings, and specifications; check lists and other written or oral instructions to perform difficult and sometimes complex Hangar/Flight line inspection duties.
• Conduct inspections as required before and after aircraft operations to identify any discrepancy or malfunction.
• Verify functional performance of aircraft systems, conformance to specifications and operational safety of entire aircraft to include engines and accessories, control system, dynamic components, blades, hydraulic and electrical systems, electronic, fuel, oil and other related systems and aircraft structure.
• Document all non-conformances/malfunctions or deviations from acceptable standards per Inspection requirements.
• Re-inspect after corrective action maintenance, replacement or adjustments have been made on the aircraft.
• Inspect for compliance and incorporation of customer modifications and provide the necessary Hangar inspection documentation for aircraft log book preparation and maintenance.
• Carry out similar inspection duties at both Domestic and International locations as assigned.
• Perform other related duties, usually of a related or similar nature or lesser skill of the group; refer only questionable conditions or recurring difficulties to working leader or supervision.
• Maintain certifications for Torque, Flight Safety Parts, Portable Penetrant and NDI Testing.
• Interface with both internal and external customer to resolve problems or customer concerns.
• Follow established Hangar FOD and Tool Control Procedures.
• Attend lost tool meetings on assigned aircraft when request by Supervision.
• Interface with manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering/Engineering to resolve discrepancies and any issues affecting assigned aircraft.
• Utilize Interactive Electronic Technical manuals.
• Utilize electronic NMRR system for part rejections.
• Turn aircraft in for Government inspection.
• Work with foreign customer personnel when transferring Sikorsky Inspection information and requirements into foreign customer inspection system.
• As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain cleanliness of assigned areas.
• Requires a well-rounded knowledge of aircraft inspection procedures, manufacturing processes, assembly and Hangar/Flight line operations.
• Able to read and interpret complicated drawings, follow engineering orders, and instructions, interpret military and commercial specifications
• Requires two years high school, plus two to three years' trades training with an A&P license or equivalent.
• Must maintain current certification(s) as required.
• 4 to 5 years
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program through final operational capability, currently planned no earlier than August 2023*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach facility to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
*Based on test plan schedule. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Craft Workers Type: Full-Time Shift: Multiple shifts available
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.