Systems Engineer - Linux - Moorestown, NJ
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer - Linux - Moorestown, NJ
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for analysis, design, integration, and test. Tasking will include development of mission critical software & hardware requirements. The candidate will be responsible for development of requirements using SysML diagrams and constructs. The candidate will be responsible for completion of systems engineering related tasks to meet cost and schedule. Knowledge of system engineering process desired. Experience with the C programming language, algorithm and software development is desired.
Performs requirements development, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Perform data analysis and code inspection in Linux, Java, and/or C++ to troubleshoot product and system level issues. Work in a team environment on one or more of the following areas: analysis, requirements development, design, modeling, simulation, integration, test. Responsibilities will also include interfacing with the customer in performing test and evaluation activities; interfacing with internal software teams to isolate and fix issues as they arise for various functional areas. Supporting the various testing groups, waterfront installation and testing in-port or at-sea. Domestic and International travel may be required.
- BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
- Minimum (2)+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Linux.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- MS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Ability to develop test scripts (bash, csh, Python) and software test drivers (C/C++ and Java) to exercise test procedures on multiple Linux/Unix-based platforms.
- Ability to effectively construct verification, regression and performance analysis test plans and procedures, according to existing Aegis CPS/SIEPs and RMS Work Instructions.
- Understanding of software product family engineering principles related to the definition of reference architectures, product variants and methods to manage product variation.
- Understanding of the Linux/Unix OE, process management and associated communication principles.
- Ability to define and document system structural and behavioral analysis models necessary for the definition of software requirements specifications (SRS) and verification test threads (regression and ET&E).
- Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
- Ability to decompose, define and document software requirements specifications (SRS) associated with the definition of middleware and fault detection/fault isolation operations and component behaviors.
- Ability to conduct product selection and design trade studies that evaluate stakeholder needs against product/design alternatives.
- Ability to interact with a software development team to ensure that developed software products meet documented SRS.
- Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience with Agile systems development and/or DevOps. Familiarity with continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience with IBM DOORS requirements management preferred.
- Experience with SysML/UML, MagicDraw and IBM Rhapsody preferred.
- Experience with MATLAB, data management, analytics or prognostics is preferred.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal), strong team leadership, administrative and interpersonal skills desired.
- Experience in complex systems integration and testing
- Experience with test automation with Robot Framework desired Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.