Systems Design Engineer - Simulator and Training Systems
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Design Engineer - Simulator and Training Systems
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Looking for a forward-thinking, energetic, systems engineer to join the Lockheed Martin Oasis development and Training team. Oasis is a simulation toolset used to represent the world’s most advance combat systems. The simulation products support a variety of missions or uses, including: software testing, formal system selloff testing, distributed testing requiring the interoperability of multiple assets, and training. Looking for engineers to assist the team in keeping our products on the cutting edge of technology and able to adjust to the evolving requirements of our customers.
Member of the Engineering Staff - Simulator and Training Systems Design Engineer-
Systems Engineer will be responsible for performing the following for our test simulation and training system products:
• Working with domain experts and military documentation to interprets requirements, use cases, and sequence diagrams of complex systems
• Analysis, design and generation of computer program requirements
• Development of test plans and procedures
• Verification of requirements implementation through software testing
• System level test at local and remote customer sites
• Documentation of results
• Detailed analysis of problems with recommended solutions
• Conduct briefings at internal (In-depths, Stakeholder reviews and Risk Review Board meetings) and external (Program Reviews) events
• Development of the team’s strategic vision
• System Architecture & Design
Off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Domestic travel required and international travel may be required. Travel to and support of customer test events, including ship board events, at domestic and international locations may be required.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, math, or other related field.
- System engineering experience including requirements analysis, modeling and development.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
- Experience in requirements modeling, use case development, and requirements management and product line management.
- Familiar with UML/SysML, DOORS, and Rhapsody
- Experience with simulations and simulator tools.
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Demonstrated proficiency developing/executing software test plans and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Unix, Linux and Windows
• Familiarity with Linux operating environment
• Familiarity with real time computing
• CompTia (A+, Network+, Linux+) Certifications not required, but favorable
- Familiarity with modern computing hardware:
• Physical, Functional and Electrical characteristics of a standard I/PO data interface for digital data (MIL-STD-1397) – I would specify NTDS (A, B, D & E)
• Ethernet digital I/O and associated hardware (Network switches and design structures)
• Computing Emulations and Virtual Machines (VMs) for Linux and Windows Operating Environments
• KVM and VMware
- System Architecture & Design
• Ability to take program requirements and design a hardware architecture to meet the requirements
• Document all hardware
• Work with vendors to obtain budgetary quotes
- Experience with equipment installation and integration
- Familiar with Python, C/C++, MATLAB, and Java
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal direction from manager
- Ability to provide technical oversight and coordination among a project team
- Ability to plan tasks to meet constraints of cost and schedule
- Ability to work with other engineers, whether peers or juniors, in a technical task
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with PC and workstation design tools and environments used for system and subsystem engineering
- Strong customer focus with a proven record of outstanding customer satisfaction Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.