Sr Systems Engineer - Modeling, Simulation, & Analysis
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr Systems Engineer - Modeling, Simulation, & Analysis
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
We are looking for individuals with vision to join our team. We need talented people who are passionate about working on cutting-edge technology; comfortable with ambiguity; enjoy being part of a team; driven to learn and explore new areas; willing to think strategically and creatively with proven analytical & problem-solving skills.
We are looking for a senior engineer/ analyst who thrives in a fast paced, exciting environment, developing and testing missile defense and combat systems for several department of defense programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Participate in and/or coordinate both simulated and live fire test events
- Work directly with the Navy customer, program management, and Aegis element subject matter experts
- Perform system level analysis and root cause issues found in simulated and tactical Aegis data
- Develop and simulate threat representative scenarios
- Document and present findings of analysis results
- Conduct presentations and briefings at various levels from peers to senior management and Navy customer representatives
- Contribute to and maintain analysis tools or scripts written in Python or MATLAB using appropriate configuration management
- Demonstrate understanding of the major elements and capability within Aegis. Familiarity in the role each element has within Aegis and how changes in each element can affect others
- Understand and assess performance using statistical methods including Monte Carlo analysis
- -Occasional off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Occasional domestic and international travel
- BS degree in Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other related Engineering or Science field
- Data analysis experience
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance, which requires US citizenship
- Proficient in the use of Unix/Linux, Python and/or MATLAB
- Test evaluation experience of complex computer systems
- Strong technical written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, team-oriented environment, build consensus among peers and effective relationships with customers. Effectively lead change, identify issues, and work with partners to develop solutions
- Basic understanding of Monte Carlo and distributed simulation techniques
- -Strong communication skills, results oriented great teammate, creative thinker and problem-solver Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.