Sr Software Engineer
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr Software Engineer
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin's RMS business in Moorestown, NJ, we are working on many exciting defense programs and developing cutting edge products and applications to meet the complex and evolving needs of our customers.
Major programs we are developing include Space Fence, Aegis, Littoral Combat System (LCS) along with many others. A major portion of our work includes writing robust software and firmware applications and doing some very impressive modeling and simulations for these exciting and mission critical programs. We are currently looking to fill roles on the Mission Planner DevSecOps Engineering Team.
The Software Engineer will contribute to a wide variety of projects as our business needs evolve. The work may include requirements gathering, applications development, GUI development, software testing and debugging, scientific applications development and modeling & simulations development.
The core responsibility for this role will be to develop software using Java and/or C++. Coding in/and leveraging related development tools and environments will be the major focus for this role. Take responsibility for increasingly difficult tasks, complete them on schedule and document and present the results will be very helpful in this position. In addition to Software Engineering tasks, the Software Engineer will be given opportunities to gain experience in System Engineering in order to become a T-Shaped Engineer in Mission Planner DevSecOps organization. This may include tasking like algorithmic design, data analysis, requirement development and software integration & test.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field
- Minimum six years of software engineering experience
- Extensive professional level experience in programming, and/or simulation tools
- Experience with design and development of software using C++ and/or Java
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Must have the ability to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance
- MS level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field
- System Engineering experience
- Experience in DevSecOps environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to research technical challenges and provide effective solutions
- Experience with Jira, Git, BitBucket, Crucible and/or Confluence
- Experience with Test Automation using Python and/or Junit
- Familiarity with database technologies such as Oracle, SQLServer, MariaDB, MySQL, Sybase or Firebird
- Familiarity with Model Based Engineering
- Familiarity or interest in learning more about any of the following specific areas: J2EE Development, XML, Service Oriented Architectures, WEB Services, or distributed computer architectures and Web-based architectures Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.