Sr Mbr Engrg Staff/ Software Engineer
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr Mbr Engrg Staff/ Software Engineer
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
The candidate for this position will work in a dynamic and collaborative Agile environment supporting the full lifecycle of complex state-of-the-art systems that are deployed across the globe. From simulating the entire Aegis Combat System, developing tactical software, to developing applications to support data analysis and mission outcome. The candidate will drive the development of enterprise software capabilities enabled by cloud-based software tools, agile methodologies, integration and automated test accelerating delivery timelines.
The candidate will assist in coordinating the day-to-day Software Development activities across the CSL product teams in support of baseline development and delivery; will have exposure across the different phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including high level customer requirements, engineering Monte Carlo analysis, software design, software implementation, integration and test, delivery and installation, and in-service support.
Core responsibilities include:
The Deputy LSWE will assist in the following tasking:
- Develop and distribute CSL program weekly build direction.
- Identify and strategize weekly loads’ scope and dependencies for each product.
- Drive completion of software development execution by identified milestone dates.
- Review and facilitate execution of integration test plans and procedures.
- Review and analyze program Performance/Timing/CPU Requirements.
- Develop scope of integration efforts and drive daily resolution of issues and blockers.
- Coordinate and run software integration meeting.
- Analyze and determine changes by other programs for potential capture into the program.
- Focus on reuse in all the phases of a program.
- Maintain and coordinate the installation of compatible loads at the NJ sites.
The Deputy LSWE will work with the LSWE to provide a direct line of communication across software developers and the engineering configuration management team for all products, both Lockheed Martin and subcontractor teams. Assist in coordinating with Multi Element Integration Team (MEIT) and the Mission Assurance (MA) team on top issues and drive resolution across products. Assist in providing direction and guidance at the development site(s); schedule and prioritize lab time at software development sites. Support the MA team with CSEDS and NSCC lab scheduling.
The Deputy LSWE will participate in requirements, design and code reviews for new design items as a software subject matter expert. Identify software architectural dependencies, risks and opportunities; develop mitigation plans for resolution. Collect, analyze and use program-level software metrics to drive improvements in productivity and defect resolution through the lifecycle of the program. Assist in coordinating with other CSL Programs for Touch Point Analysis and Integrated Software Integration Plans (SIP). Assist in presenting software status at internal program meetings and design reviews as well as formal milestone reviews with the customer. Assist in coordinating final delivery and installation of loads for use by MEIT team.
The Deputy LSWE will assist in coordinating Government Furnished Computer Program (GFCP) software updates. Coordinate incorporation of new supplier packaging tools.
Domestic and international travel may be required to support critical program milestones, such as customer meetings, onsite installations and critical exercises.
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering or computer science discipline and minimum 6 years of experience in full lifecycle of Software Engineering or Systems Engineering for software intensive projects
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C++/Java preferred), integration and testing techniques, including automated testing, code coverage and continuous integration and deployment, UML, and other modeling methods
- Experience in the application of software development methodologies (Agile frameworks and development concepts), common coding standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience to effectively communicate (verbal, written and presentation) with all employee levels, senior management, internal stakeholders and external customers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with systems architecture, hardware architecture, network architecture principles, software architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience with Static Code Analysis tools desired, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development desired
- Experience with Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, and/or Umlet
- Experience with Agile Methodologies tools such as the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Experience with Software Factory
- Experience with cloud technologies and services
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in application containerization (including Docker), APIs, & web services Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.