Senior Systems Engineer - Virtualization
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Systems Engineer - Virtualization
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
The department is seeking a candidate with extensive domain expertise in virtualizing system architectures to coordinate and participate in the design, development, and verification of sensor specific displays and interfaces to the sailor / operator.
The Sr. Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Research, identify, and integrate technology that can be used across multiple programs and opportunities.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to guide the successful completion of major programs in the Infrastructure domain.
- Mentor junior engineers in design, development and verification concepts providing a pipeline by way of knowledge transfer.
- Discover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Contribute to the planning of research and development programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Support proposal capture activities and develop responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) years related system engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability configuring and/or designing Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6/7/8, Windows Servers and Workstations. VMWare or other virtualization platform environments
- Experience with configuring and/or designing network equipment and appliances
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance (requires US citizenship)
- Advanced degree in related field
- Demonstrated experience designing sophisticated development and deliverable systems
- Knowledge of GPU virtualization techniques and technologies
- Experience working with system containers (LXC/LXD)
- Experience working with VMWare’s product suite (vSphere preferred)
- Solid grasp of DevSecOps principles and ability to work with teams to implement automation and continuous integration
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewalls
- Familiarity with modern containerization and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Previous experience with configuring and supporting continuous integration and continuous deployment environments (Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Ability to establish requirements and automation for routine maintenance
- Performs research on standard methodologies for emerging tools and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with: ESXi or similar hypervisor; MySQL, MariaDB, or similar SQL database; Apache; Linux shell scripting; GCC, make, Valgrind, DoxyGen
- Experience designing cloud environments
- Operations and troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems and network hardware (e.g., Juniper/Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and Net Optics taps)
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability work well in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience presenting to customers and senior management
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge and support of NCMDS programs Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Network Systems Engineers Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.