Platform Services Engineer
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Platform Services Engineer
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
And where the solutions don’t exist? We invent them.
So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
About our Mission
What does this role look like?
The Platform Services Engineer will support multiple Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB) programs. Specific job responsibilities include the development of element and component-level behavioral analysis, system performance analysis, modeling, requirements development, test plan/procedure development and test execution. Position requires knowledge of real-time platform services, middleware and cyber service concepts. The candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into a total system solution that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. The engineer will perform functional analysis, computational performance analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into service specifications. Responsibilities also include authoring verification test plans, test procedures and executing verification testing and performing system integration. The engineer is expected to have excellent oral and written communications.
Benefits of Employment:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
At Lockheed Martin we value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule) or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80) or a straight 5/8 schedule.
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
Life in Moorestown, New Jersey
Located in Burlington County and is an eastern suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Football, hockey, basketball and more are less than a one-hour drive from Moorestown.
This area has a rich past with historical monuments like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall nearby.
For outdoor enthusiasts, this area offers hiking trails, state parks and warm summers.
• Bachelor Degree in an Engineering field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Information Systems.
• Experience in systems analysis, design, requirements development, integration and test of real-time platform services, cyber services and/or traditional Linux-based middleware.
• Familiarity with both cloud-native and traditional application architectures
• Experience in systems, automation, and configuration management
• Knowledge and understanding of platform and cloud security policies
• Understanding of monitoring and alerting for platform events and issues
• Understanding of web, messaging and network protocols such as DDS, HTTP/S, TCP/IP, DNS, Kafka
• Proficiency in infrastructure, network, database, or security troubleshooting and remediation
• Experience working in an Agile team
• Ability to develop test scripts (bash, csh, perl) and software test drivers (C/C++ and Java) to exercise platform service test procedures on multiple platforms.
• Ability to identify and isolate system defects during integration and test activities. It is expected that the candidate has experience with the use of test diagnostics tools, such as debuggers, message injectors, hardware and network analyzers and simulators.
• U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Level Clearance
• Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• Understanding of software product family engineering principles related to the definition of reference architectures, product variants and methods to manage product variation.
• Understanding of software configuration management practices, maximizing tools such as GitLab.
• Ability to define and document system structural and behavioral analysis models necessary for the definition of requirements specifications and verification test threads. Experience with SysML/UML preferred.
• Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
• Ability to decompose, define and document software requirements specifications (SRS) associated with the definition of PaaS, Platform microservices and traditional Linux-based middleware. Experience with IBM requirements management preferred.
• Ability to conduct product selection and design trade studies that evaluate service partner needs against product/design alternatives.
• Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that developed services meet documented SRS.
• Ability to review detailed software designs and developed source code. C/C++ and Java experience would be beneficial.
• Familiarity with continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins is preferred.
• Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of formal software system integration and test methods associated with verification, regression and performance analysis. Ability to effectively construct and execute verification, regression and performance analysis test plans and procedures, according to existing work instructions. Experience with pipeline deployment and test automation technologies, such as Ansible, Jenkins and Robot are preferred.
• Other Training: , SysML/UML/Rhapsody/MagicDraw/Cameo, Shell scripting (Bash, Csh, Perl), C/C++, Java, Software test and debug tools, DevOps methods and pipeline technologies, Ansible, Jenkins and Robot, Gitlab, Nexus
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.