Mission Readiness Flight Test Lead
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Mission Readiness Flight Test Lead
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
The Mission Readiness Flight Test Lead will support demonstration milestones, such as Mission Planning Review, Mission Analysis Review, Mission Readiness Review, Accreditation Review Panel, and Mission Data Review. As a result, he/she will need to coordinate concurrent efforts including the modeling and simulation performance analysis and the hardware integration testing. He/ She cultivates cooperation across System Integration and Test, Modeling System & Analysis, products, and program management departments to meet mission needs. Also, the Mission Readiness Flight Test Lead will provide oversight of model driven integration and test efforts of mission scenarios. He/ She will assist with staffing and coordinating the activities of multiple teams at various locations, assess system issues that drive mission risk, and gain approval to proceed with identified risks. This position supports our MDA customers, Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems customers, Lockheed Martin teams, and Warfighters during execution of the mission.
Responsibilities will include:
• Overall ownership and accountability for technical performance during live test demonstrations
• Delegation of work tasks and resource planning for current and anticipated efforts in conjunction with other Systems Engineering units, programs, and product leads
• Collaboration with program leadership (program management office, technical directors, lead systems engineers, etc) to define, communicate, and coordinate mission priorities within cost, schedule, and scope, adhering to Earned Value Management techniques
• Preparation and Presentation at critical mission milestone reviews
• Assessment and Communication of mission risk to internal and external review boards
• “Cradle to grave” oversight of pre-mission, execution, and post-mission status for live test demonstrations
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Knowledge of System of System level engineering
- Experience in tactical testing and development
- Strong risk management experience and expertise, including identification, mitigation and abatement planning and tracking.
- Knowledge of Model Driven Test and Associated M&S processes.
- Integration of COTS HW and SW products and capabilities.
- Experience leading project teams and major system demonstrations
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
• Knowledge of Aegis and/ or Ship Self Defense System (SSDE)
• Waterfront Aegis integration and test experience onboard Aegis cruisers and destroyers
• Experience in operations/performance analyses of complex weapon systems and/or Aegis Combat Systems.
• Experience working closely with USN customer and customer representatives in defining test plans, procedures resolving test documentation comments, defining test schedules and ensuring concurrence on verified requirements.
• Experience working closely with international military customer representatives
• Knowledgeable on Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) concepts and system design implementation into the Aegis Combat System
• Experience working on one or more of the following areas: concept development; system design; performance requirements definition, development, design, modeling, simulation, integration, test; integration and test of large real-time systems; analysis.
• Thorough understanding of the computer program development and test processes.
• Integrated Product Team Leadership, Cost Accounting Management and GRID Resource planning is a plus
• Must have strong analytical, problem solving, leadership skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex computer programs.
• Demonstrated strong teamwork, communication (both verbal and written), and presentation skills.
• Knowledgeable of common source library and agile application
• Strong customer focus with a proven record of outstanding customer satisfaction. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.