Associate Systems Engineer: Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Associate Systems Engineer: Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Lockheed Martin is looking for thought leaders in Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis to join our team. We need talented people who are passionate about working on cutting-edge design or technology; comfortable with open ended problems; enjoy being part of a team; driven to learn and explore new areas; willing to think strategically and creatively with proven analytical & problem-solving skills.
You will participate in design, development, integration, and testing of new capabilities for several Department of Defense (DoD) products and technologies. You will use and contribute to models of real-world weapons, radars, Command & Control systems, and communication networks. Candidate will independently identify and address system and software defects, demonstrate an ability to practice sound systems and software engineering discipline, and decompose complex problems to formulate solutions.
In this role you will perform analysis for several products. The candidate will use mathematical models and simulation products to perform mission analysis, ConOps development, gap analysis, concept exploration, sensitivity and trade studies, system requirements validation, detailed design verification, model driven test, and performance prediction in Ballistic Missile Defense and Anti-Air Warfare mission areas. The candidate will gain experience in the following tasks during in performance of Job Duties:
- Demonstrate understanding of the adversary threat systems, including differences in ConOps, kinematics, and radar return signatures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the major elements within Aegis. Familiarity in the role each element has within Aegis and how changes in each element can affect others.
- Demonstrate strong technical written and oral communication skills
- Work directly with the DoD customers, program management, and element subject matter experts
- Demonstrate understanding of each mission area within an analysis plan.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement systems analysis processes.
- Interpret DoD requirements, develop suitable analysis and test plans, present plans to DoD leadership.
- Simulate operational scenarios using analysis tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of systems requirements, specifically the performance and functional requirements against each threat set for each mission area.
- Demonstrate ability to identify source of all problems and/or failures, e.g. --- Model; Inputs; Design / requirements.
- Work with element engineers on solutions to issues by creating a Change Request (CR) then peer review design changes with Aegis element and providing timely and pointed feedback.
- Review, update, and create scripts to extract and/or plot model performance metrics.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency with Unix, Linux, Python, C/C++, MATLAB.
- Utilize appropriate configuration management process for version control of scripts.
- Demonstrate use of statistical methods to understand and derive performance requirements.
- Prepare slides for meeting presentations and conduct presentations and briefings at various levels from peers to senior management and Navy representatives
- Participate in and/or coordinate both simulated and live fire test events
-BS Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other related Engineering or Science discipline.
-Relevant engineering experience.
-Demonstrated successful root cause analysis, problem solving skills, and a basic understanding of statistical analysis
-Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages like Python and/or MATLAB
-Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, team-oriented environment, build consensus among peers and effective relationships with customers, and effectively manage change, identify issues, and work with stakeholders to develop solutions
-Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance which requires US citizenship
- Familiarity with Agile Development Process
- Problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of Monte Carlo and distributed simulation techniques
- Basic understanding of Data Analytics techniques
- Strong communication skills, a results-oriented team player, creative thinker and problem-solver Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.missingAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: 4 yr and up CollegeBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.