System Administrator/Network Engineer (MES)
Moorestown, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
System Administrator/Network Engineer (MES)
Moorestown, New Jersey
This position is for a highly motivated Engineer knowledgeable in the field of system administration and network engineering for large hardware development lab environments. The successful candidate will be a System Administrator for a large hardware development lab and classified network, primarily responsible for the lab's Linux computing infrastructure.
• Investigate, develop and design the network architecture and assist the software application and development effort as it relates to the computing architecture.
• Responsible for supporting various hardware engineering development programs through their design, fabrication, and test stages. This position involves an in-depth knowledge of LM RMS policies and procedures for the handling & movement of classified hardware, material procurement, generation & answering of problem reports, etc.
• Responsible for lab upkeep facilitation (interface with program leads when equipment needs to be installed or re-arranged in labs)
• Responsible for providing support to the ISSO during peak times
• Responsible for supporting Cyber Security adherence
• Responsible for maintenance and upgrade activities
• Responsible for ensuring successful DCSA security inspections, government audits, and maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO) for classified computing infrastructure
• Occasional non-standard hours required (night, weekend)
• Works under the direction of a senior system administrator and lab architect
- The candidate for this position should be an Engineer with a minimum of 2 years professional experience working as a system administrator or network engineer.
⁻ BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Cisco Switches, Network Test, Network Security, Network Analyzers, Network Management systems
⁻ Ability to address issues and troubleshoot computing and network infrastructure equipment
- Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance
- Linux/Windows system administration
⁻ Proficient with Linux, C/C++, Shell Scripting, and MATLAB
⁻ Experience with RHEL 5/6/7 and Solaris
- Experience with the implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies
⁻ Demonstrated ability to practice sound software engineering
⁻ Demonstrated ability to analyze and decompose complex problems and formulate complete hardware and software solutions
⁻ Proficiency in C++ programming and associated OOP paradigms
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team skills
⁻ Ability to be a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with multiple customers
⁻ Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, identify issues, and work in a team environment to develop solutions Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electrical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.