Radio Frequency (RF) Hardware Engineer
Moorestown, New Jersey
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Radio Frequency (RF) Hardware Engineer
Moorestown, New Jersey
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems we are staying Ahead of Ready! By combining the highest standards and innovation, everything is within our reach - and yours. We offer benefits and amenities to live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at, and outside of, work.
The Enterprise Technologies (eTech) organization, within Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, is rapidly developing the capabilities to meet our customers' evolving needs. We empower collaboration, innovation, and career development.
eTech's Converged Sensor research & development team has an opportunity for a Radio Frequency (RF) hardware engineer with experience working RF subsystems. This role leads the acceleration of demonstrating sensor capabilities. The successful candidate possesses strong analytical and communication skills to work in a diverse, dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel is required.
- Developing Hardware design concepts and architectures for advanced RF sensor applications
- Decomposing System Level Performance Requirements (e.g. Sensitivity, Resolution, Range/Angle Accuracy) to Hardware component allocations
- Conducting analysis and modeling of RF/mixed-signal systems that include circuit blocks such as LNAs, PAs, VGAs, ADCs, DACs
- Validate designs through simulation, circuit analysis, and prototype testing
- Experienced with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and signal generators
- Support meetings and presentations to internal and external customers, government lab partners, project leadership, and multi-disciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters
-Bachelors degree in Engineering or STEM related field
- Typical experience 12+ years supporting RF hardware development
- Modelling and simulation of RF circuits using CAD tools
- Experience in developing systems for Radar, Electronic Warfare (EW), or Communications applications
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret level clearance
- Less than 10% travel required
- Advanced degree in Engineering or STEM
- Understanding and implementation of RF cascade analysis
- Knowledge in areas of performance characteristics of LNAs, PAs and analog data converters
- Active DoD Top Secret level clearance or higher Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.