Lead Software Engineer, Radar Digital Signal Processing
Moorestown, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Lead Software Engineer, Radar Digital Signal Processing
Moorestown, New Jersey
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we make the world safer by delivering integrated defense capability with speed to every mission across every domain. We do this by bringing together the greatest minds in the industry and empowering them to use their strengths to make a difference in the lives of our customers, our communities and in the lives of one another. Our portfolio features more than 1,000 programs and supports the U.S. Air Force, U.S Army, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Marine Corps. U.S Navy and Missile Defense Agency, as well as commercial and international military customers. For a peek at some of the work we do within RMS, check out this short video on our LM YouTube channel: RMS Overview
LM’s Integrated Warfare Systems Sensors (IWSS) Division is currently seeking an experienced, professional Lead Software Engineer to become a strategic member of our Radar Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Software development team. Located in Moorestown, NJ, this highly visible role reports to the Radar DSP manager and will be responsible for achieving program commitments.
• Provide technical, programmatic, and administrative guidance to a project team of engineers of varying experience levels
• Supervise the team to ensure effective implementation of embedded control and digital signal processor software and hardware requirements for multiple programs
• Perform/oversee the research, design, development and testing of custom computing and real time Digital Signal Processing software applications
• Ensure the appropriate standards, processes and procedures are followed throughout the software development life cycle
• Create and maintain task statuses and schedules
• Coordinate staffing plans and forecasts with key stake holders
• Present plans, status and technical information to functional and program stakeholders
• Occasionally travel to other LM sites and/or customer facilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivalent engineering/technical degree with a concentration in computer science courses
• Twelve (12) or more years’ of demonstrated experience in:
- Relevant real-time radar signal processing, i.e. signal processing applications, C++ programming, software engineering processes, and software product life cycle
- Guiding an accelerated cross-disciplinary team with digital signal processor systems and software architecture for mission critical military applications
- Earned Value Management (EVM), task schedules, staffing plans and cost and risk management techniques
• 'Secret' level U.S. security clearance prior to start (Per U.S. Government policy, a person must be a U.S. citizen to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering
• Experience with Network Topology Configuration, Automated Test Techniques, Modeling and Static Code Analysis tools and Embedded Applications
• Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, Crucible, Confluence)
• Experience with Agile Methodologies
• Experience with DevOps technologies
• Experience with Linux / Unix
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with subordinates, peers, senior team members and the customer at both programmatic and technical levels Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leader Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.