FPGA (VHDL) Firmware Developer - Member Engineering Staff
Moorestown, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
FPGA (VHDL) Firmware Developer - Member Engineering Staff
Moorestown, New Jersey
And where the solutions don’t exist? We invent them.
So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, well…you know
Join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin we value your outstanding skills and expertise, and we seek to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance with your choice of every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule) or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80) or a straight 5/8 schedule.
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Learn more about our perks here!
The Challenge: As the FPGA (VHDL) Firmware Engineer, you will be accountable for the development of FPGA/CPLD designs using appropriate toolsets, including interface simulations and sensor functionality. You will work with domain specialists and military documentation to define requirements. Design, simulate, and integrate system components using VHDL and/or OpenCL. Document design and development.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering and minimum of 2 years of professional level experience in digital signal processing theory.
• Experience in hardware development from requirements through final testing.
• Experience in FPGA design and implementation.
• Experience in various HDL verification techniques, including knowledge of SystemVerilog and OVM/UVM.
• Experience in, or knowledge of, hardware/firmware simulation tools.
• Experience in, or knowledge of, firmware designs using VHDL and/or OpenCL languages.
• Candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• FPGA design with VHDL and/or OpenCL, Digital Circuits, Digital Signal Processing.
• Ability to work in an accelerated, team environment.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electrical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.