Ship Production Liaison Engineer Staff
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Ship Production Liaison Engineer Staff
Specific Responsibilities of the Position include:
- Act as Liaison between LM Engineering & Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM)
- Real time resolution of drawing or 3D modeling issues on MMSC (e.g. compare the as built ship to drawings/model, identify issues and solutions)
- Support Detailed Design & Analysis Activities of MMSC Ship Class from LM and Subcontractors
- Ship Trial Support: Including real time ship trouble shooting on mechanical and electrical systems during trials
- Provide Drawing Interpretation for FMM
- Verify as built production details as needed for remote LM Engineering staff
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure ship production is matching LM design baseline
- Support US Navy Trial Card Issue Resolution
- Candidate must possess a BS and/or MS in an engineering discipline or related field
- 7 years of professional experience in a related engineering field
- Ship Design and Construction Experience; strong background working with Naval Technical Authorities
- Reading and comprehending ship systems mechanical/electrical drawings and work specifications is a fundamental requirement/responsibility of this position.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex systems
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to perform job function and make effective decisions with minimal oversite
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, equivalent technical discipline
- Familiarity with the US Navy Littoral Combat Ship program or/other Surface Combatant Program, specifically with construction process
- Knowledge of American Bureau of Shipping Naval Vessels Rules
- Knowledge of ship structures / welding
- Familiarity with Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical equipment operated on Naval vessels.
- Familiarity with root cause analysis & trade study processes
- Understanding of Ship Qualification Test and Procedures
- Understanding of Ship Builder and Acceptance Trails
- Understanding of Ship Design Change Management Process
- Understanding of Functional and Detailed Design Artifacts
- Previous experience with other DoD Programs and/or US Navy Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Miscellaneous Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.