RCS Research Scientist
Description:We are Lockheed Martin
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and its research and development line-of-business, The Skunk Works, seeks a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to join the Low Observables team (Signature Management & Survivability). Specifically, we seek to identify a candidate with expertise or willingness to learn one of the following disciplines:
- Aircraft stealth signature reduction and low observables (LO) phenomenology
- Radar cross section (RCS) susceptibility
- Electromagnetics (EM), computational electromagnetics (CEM)
- LO project/program management
- LO Manufacturing
- RF Measurements
The candidate will be working in a high-paced environment responsible for low observable technology maturation lifecycle from initial concept, project execution, modeling and simulation, prototype build and test, external customer communication, proposal and contract capture, and transition to production. The candidate will work independently and in small teams and participate in Government forums and internal Skunk Works program reviews as an emerging LO signature advisor.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for performing, analyzing, and communicating vehicle signature predictions using Unix-based codes and tools.
- Responsible for taking measurements of material coupons to determine physical, electrical, and/or environmental properties.
- Engagement in the research, design, computational electromagnetic modeling, fabricating, and testing of advanced electromagnetic metamaterials.
- Post-processing and communicating results of vehicle signature measurements.
- Writing and using scripts to batch analysis and post-processing.
The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills for reports and technical briefings to large groups. An ability to explain complex technical concepts in a readily comprehensible manner is an advantage. The candidate will participate in multidisciplinary design teams to solve challenging aircraft survivability and manufacturing problems.
A Security Clearance will be required for those that apply and the candidate must ultimately qualify for a Top Secret clearance.
Requisition job description.
• Paragraph opening: Capture Statement
• Use bullet points for specific job duties and limit paragraphs to a few sentences.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Marietta, GA Discover Marietta.
The following are absolutely required for those that apply:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Experience in RF, RCS, or CEM
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
The following attributes are desired/preferred but not required for consideration:
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance or TS//SCI
- Previous experience in low observables (LO), survivability, or susceptibility
- Experience radar cross section reduction (RCSR), and radio-frequency (RF) antenna design
- Expertise in LO modeling and predictions: Computational electromagnetics (CEM), Hybrid Finite Element, Boundary Integral method (FE-BI), Method of Moments (MoM), Xpatch, SENTRi, HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, FDTD
- Knowledge of RADAR, RF materials, RF material measurements
- Cultivation, pursuit, capture, project/program management, and execution of signature technology IRAD & CRAD projects
- Programming with C/C++, Java, Fortran, Matlab, Python
- CAD software literacy for model cleanup and meshing
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Scientist
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.