Facilities Engineer Senior (Level 3)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Facilities Engineer Senior (Level 3)
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Our customers include both the U.S. Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for up-and-coming engineers seeking a place to make their mark – or for seasoned engineers seeking their next career opportunity. Join us and observe where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
As a Facilities Engineer Project Manager (Level 3) you will plan, design, and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, office environments, and other facilities. In this role, you will:
• Act as Project Manager over Facilities Engineering projects.
• This position will be based in Marietta, GA, but will support the Greenville, SC facility and other feeder plants as needed.
• Perform facilities mechanical engineering tasks in support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems, HVAC controls, chilled water, hot water, and steam distribution systems, plumbing and fluid systems (water, natural gas, drainage), compressed air, and fire suppression systems.
• This work will include operations and maintenance technical support, troubleshooting, and projects (such as upgrades, modifications, and renovations).
• Occasionally work odd shifts, travel, and overtime may be expected.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Marietta, GA Discover Marietta.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher education
• Prior experience working with industrial equipment such as one or more of the following:
- operation of pumps, motors, chillers, boilers, fans, compressors, HVAC Systems and controls
• Microsoft Office Experience
• Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) experience
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience
• Desire to perform engineering work in the field as well as the office
• Experience creating reports, briefings, and presentations and delivering to internal and external customers, employees, management, and executives
• Technical writing experience
• Ability to create Statements of Work (SOW)
• Knowledge of basic facilities codes such as Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other building codes (Electrical, Plumbing)
• PMP Certification
•Knowledge of proper procedures for managing HAZMAT materials
• Experience with Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts, analysis, and implementation.
• Experience with predictive maintenance technology such as vibration analysis, infrared thermography, ultrasound, and/or motor circuit analysis.
• Experience working safely with low voltage systems up to and including 480 Volts Alternating Current (VAC).
• Experience using hand drafting, AutoCAD, and/or Micro-station to create facilities and mechanical drawings and drawing redlines.
• Experience writing detailed plans and procedures (operating, maintenance, test).
• Experience using project management skills, including planning/estimating, risk management, and communications management.
• Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as Maximo or SAP.
• Experience performing or supervising verification and validation tasks for acceptance testing in support of major facilities projects.
• Ability to effectively manage engineering change in support of Configuration Management.
• Ability to perform basic engineering analysis hand calculations for stress, flow, and heat transfer.
• Experience working with overhead cranes and power generation equipment (such as diesel generators).
• Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
• Experience collaborating with union and non-union personnel.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and organize workload.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to climb ladders Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Mechanical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.