Aeronautical EngineerApply Now Job ID: 533700BR Date posted: Sep. 10, 2020 City: MariettaState: Georgia
• Aerodynamics Configuration Development
• Aerodynamic Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Flight Mechanics & Performance Analysis
• Flight Dynamics & Stability and Control.
Tasking may include wind tunnel testing, computational simulation, conceptual design performance analysis of advanced air vehicles and flight test support. Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable. Occasional overtime and odd hours may be required.
NOTE: This position is located at an access controlled facility, only US citizens are eligible to be considered. Additionally, the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance is required.
Flight Sciences Engineer
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with aerodynamics analysis, testing, or simulation.
- Experience with MS Office, MATLAB, or equivalent tools.
- Degree focus in Aeronautical Engineering
- Experience with aircraft conceptual design or conducting trade studies.
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics.
- Experience with wind tunnel testing.
- Experience writing technical reports and presenting technical data.
- Experience with C, C++, Fortran, Perl, Python
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to learn continuously and the ability to identify multiple avenues to successfully reach team goals.
- Candidate must work well individually and with team members across multiple organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop clear technical presentations for customers and suppliers.
- Microsoft Office Skills - of particular importance: Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Project.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: 4 yr and up CollegeBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Aeronautical EngineeringType: Full-Time Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.