Contracts Management Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Management Manager
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, Then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
Benefits: In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k, insurance and a new 9/80 schedule. We remain an equal opportunity company.
The Undersea Warfare (USW) market segment contracts organization is looking for a manager to lead its Sonar Integration & Advanced Development Programs and Submarine Development & Production Programs portfolios. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for a team of approximately eight contracts professionals and will be responsible for all contractual matters within the Sonar Integration & Advanced Development Programs and Submarine Development & Production Programs portfolios. The successful candidate will further serve as an advisor to program management and finance teams, as well as to personnel from other functional areas (i.e., legal, supply chain, pricing, etc.). Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Reviewing and approving work product such as proposals, contracts, terms and conditions, and modification documents.
• Ensuring that contracts are negotiated and administered in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, statutory laws, and Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
• Reviewing and evaluating customer requests for proposal and revisions to contracts.
• Developing and executing negotiation strategies.
• Providing contractual guidance and training to junior employees.
• Preparing and presenting briefings to management and customers, and working with team members to do the same.
• Understanding, communicating, and implementing strategic initiatives across the team.
• Coordinating personnel matters, such as employee recruitment, selection, training, work assignments, performance assessments, salary, and recognition/ disciplinary actions.
• Developing productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Traveling to other Lockheed Martin sites as needed.
The successful candidate must be skilled at leading people and possess exceptional contracts management and negotiation acumen. They must possess or be able to demonstrate the following:
• Broad knowledge and experience with all phases of contracts management.
• Knowledge of and comfort working with a wide range of contract types, including CPFF, CPIF, FPI, FFP, T&M, and IDIQ.
• Extensive experience with U.S. Government procurement regulations (i.e., FAR and DFARS) and agency-specific procurement regulations (i.e., NAVSEA).
• Ability to communicate and establish strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Managerial or other significant leadership experience, both in team and one-on-one settings.
• Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration throughout performance, and contract close-out.
• Ability to influence positive business outcomes with fact, reason, and the ability to convey the company’s positions through exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand core financial and business concepts.
• Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possession of or ability to obtain at least a U.S. Government SECRET security clearance.
• U.S. citizenship.
It is desired that the successful candidate possesses or is able to demonstrate the following:
• Virtual team management experience.
• Experience as a Full Spectrum Leader.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s Electronic Contracting System.
• Advanced educational degree(s), such as JD or MBA.
• Professional certification(s), such as Certified Federal Contracts Manager.
• Possession of or ability to obtain at least a U.S. Government TOP SECRET security clearance. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.