F-35/F-16 Quality Assurance QRT Inspector
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
F-35/F-16 Quality Assurance QRT Inspector
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Description:This position is part of a dynamic team supporting Aircraft Modification, Upgrades, Overhaul and Flightline Maintenance operations as a Quick-Reaction Team (QRT) Quality Inspector designed to support global tasking/operations. The primary focus of this position is on F-35 sustainment, but selected candidates will be required to support multiple aircraft platforms such as F-16, F-22 and U2. This position may require frequent travel (over 50%), and in many cases, on short notice as contractual events occur. This position is designed to aid our customers/partners in quickly and efficiently returning aircraft to an airworthy condition and increasing aircraft availability across the enterprise. The selected candidate must be a self-starter, able to make timely decisions and willing to learn all facets of the nose-to-tail maintenance concept for all platforms sustained by the company. This is an operational support role for multiple active fighter units, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week—which may include weekends and holidays—as dictated by mission requirements. This position, when not traveling, will be part of the larger Interim Contractor Support (ICS) infrastructure at Luke AFB, AZ supporting F-35A launch, recovery and maintenance support.
The selected candidate must:
- Be able to work any shift as required to support customer including weekends and holidays.
- Be able to travel to support customer needs.
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Be able to acquire and keep a flight line driver's competency card.
- Be a U.S. citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Security Clearance: * Must have at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain a final Secret Security Clearance. Will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. This position is located at facilities that require special access.
Physical Requirements: Perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- 2-4 years of 5th Generation (F-35, F-22) and/or Legacy F-16 Fighter Aircraft experience in Modification, Maintenance and/or Quality Assurance roles.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a USAF 7-level skill rating (or equivalent experience) or UNS/USMC Level 3000 ASM rating and/or 2 years of recent experience as a Quality Control Inspector/Collateral Duty Inspector 9CDI)/Quality Assurance in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Experience with a knowledge of the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) management system and Integrated Maintenance Data System(s) (i.e. IMDS).
- At least 1 year experience identifying and understanding non-conformities as they relate to safety-of-flight inspections, procedural breakdowns, and/or program (process) audits.
- Experience in using various inspection measurement tools.
- At least 1 year experience conducting incident and/or mishap investigation audits, preparing quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, and trends including failed process, recalls, corrective actions, and validations.
- At least 2 years of experience in inspection of Aerospace Ground Equipment AGE/GSE; Hazardous Waste Management programs; Tool & FOD industry standards; equipment calibration procedures; general security procedures.
- Familiar with DCMA Instruction 8210.1C or D associated in aircraft ground operations and maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with Air Force Instruction (AFI) 21-101 Aircraft and Equipment Maintenance Management and/or OPNAV 4790 Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) instructions.
- Plan and conduct Process Compliance Surveillance Program (PCSP) audits.
- Familiar with International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001:2015 & AS9100 or AS9110 aviation standards.
- Ejection Seat Build/R&I qualified.
- Confined Space Entry qualified.
- Canopy Flexible Linear Shape Charge (FLSC) qualified.
- AS9100/9110 Audit inspector certified (QMS).
- Weight and Balance certified.
- Experience with evaluating process compliance, write/review Corrective Action Preventative Action reports, perform root cause analysis and validate quality processes, responses, and plans.
- Experience with conducting Supplier Quality Assurance Report (SQAR) functions to assure compliance with applicable aircraft workbooks.
- Possess effective communication skills for coordinating with Aircraft Managers/Supervisors, Field Service Reps, System Engineers, Maintenance Logistics Support Managers, Customer (DCMA/GCQA), COR/QAE and maintainers regarding quality issues, Instrumentation System Integration, Deficiency Analysis/Reporting, customer complaints, and other issues related to higher quality as they occur.
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings/instructions; system schematics/blueprints; and technical policy/maintenance instructions.
- Contractor or Depot Field Team experience.
- Capable of conducting teleconference and/or briefing (presentation) to management/customer.
- Excellent organizational, administration, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2010).
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Shift: Multiple shifts available
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Luke Air Force Base — Arizona
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map