Database Administrator Sr
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Database Administrator Sr
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth.
Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders.
At Lockheed Martin, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an experienced Database Administrator providing Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) database support at Luke Air Force Base.
The Database Administrator directly supports JSF operations by assuring the integrity of data stored within the system by maintaining the internal databases and applications. The successful candidate will serve as the point of contact in customer discussions during the flight and evaluation activities and works closely with ALIS System Administrators.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with and sustain system-wide backups, disaster recovery, and database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates)
• Conduct data transfers between system (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshoot assets.
• Monitor overall test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, patch testing, and the health and status of the system
This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week—which may include weekends—as dictated by mission requirements
What’s In It For You
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a security clearance investigation within last 6 years and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Have relevant experience in Database Administration and/or Development
• Be proficient with COTS database software and tools (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
• Demonstrated SQL and database administration skills, which may include:
o Importing data volumes and managing Oracle and SQLServer databases
o Creating Level 0 and 1 database backups and restoring databases from backups
o Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery (hot and cold)
o Installing Oracle Critical Patches, reviewing tables and DBA views for issues, and locating user session data
• Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
o Familiarity with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
o Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
• Ability to be flexible in working with dynamic mission requirements
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.