Senior RF Payload Systems Engineering Manager
Lone Tree, Colorado
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Senior RF Payload Systems Engineering Manager
Lone Tree, Colorado
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our Engineering and Technology organization is seeking a senior manager with the RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence (CoE) Systems Engineering Group.
Reporting to the RF/Radar Payload Center of Excellence Director of PL SE, this leader will:
- Ensure cost, schedule and performance commitments are realized for RF Systems engineering products and services
- Grow CoE expertise and capabilities in engineering TT&C, optical communications, and missile communication solutions to align with/position for future opportunities
- Lead the creation of new RF Payload System Engineering teams (including structure, roles/responsibilities, and staffing) in support of proposal costing, transition planning/preparation, and program execution
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Space Engineering counterparts and LOB leadership in support of Commercial, Civil and U.S. Government Satellite and Missile Defense Programs
- Proactively address RF/Radar CoE talent management, including knowledge sharing, career development, training, and recruiting
- Ensure adherence to processes for RF Payload Systems engineering activities and direct the development of best practices which enhance Space competitiveness and affordability
- Ensure technical validation throughout the payload design, development, manufacturing, integration, test and sustainment phases
- Oversee RF Payload Systems COE manpower planning, projection and recruitment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin.
- Extensive technical and leadership experience with demonstrated expertise in RF or Communications Systems for aerospace programs
- 4+ years leadership/management experience
- Must demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors and, have proven experience leading a cross-functional team of employees
- Experience in new business and conceptual design of RF / Communications Systems or payloads
- Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex technical issues/challenges
- Experience managing and delivering technical, cost and schedule for a product or program
- Demonstrated business experience and cost / schedule management
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop technical talent
- Experience in leading geographically and technically diverse groups of individuals towards a common goal
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator, with experience presenting to executive leadership and external customers
- Able to obtain Security Clearance
- BSEE or equivalent
- - MSEE or PhD, with emphasis on RF Engineering or Communications
- Extensive experience with Space Lines of Business (Military Space, Special Programs, Commercial/Civil and Missile Defense)
- Antenna, Active or Passive RF Products, RF/Comm Payload or Subsystem product development experience as an IPT lead or CPE
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives driving lower costs and shorter cycle times
- Subcontract management experience
- Current SCI Clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.