Supplier Quality Engineer
Liverpool, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Liverpool, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:• This is a partial telecommute position where the applicant will be expected to support LM Syracuse onsite activities as needed.
• Travel to suppliers is required; travel frequency will vary based on program requirements and supplier performance. Travel is primarily domestic, but can be international on occasion.
• Represent Supplier Quality Assurance site lead for COTS Commodity procurements, within an integrated Quality Program Team environment.
• Take an active role in new supplier selection and development activities to assure long term program success.
• Collaborate with LM engineering, sourcing, and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place at suppliers in support of LM procurements.
• Prepare and maintain supplier quality assurance flowdowns and inspection plans to assure supplier product compliance to LM and customer requirements.
• Perform supplier process surveillance & product source inspections; commission and mentor 3rd Party Source Inspection resources.
• Evaluate Root Cause Analysis and verify Corrective Action effectiveness of supplier nonconforming product.
• Manage site Nonconforming Material Return-To-Vendor Reclamation process; maintain metrics to drive continual process efficiency.
• Perform counterfeit risk assessments for LM suppliers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline combined with 2 yrs working experience in the area of Quality Assurance
• Proficient in reading Engineering Drawings, Schematics, and Performance Specifications including working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Knowledgeable in First Article Inspection (FAI) review
• Knowledgeable in defect data analysis, including Root Cause Analysis and ensuring effectiveness of Corrective Action Plans
• Knowledgeable in surveillance of AS9100 / ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
• Ability to obtain Secret clearance
• Knowledgeable in electrical component-level verification and alternative component risk evaluation
• Knowledgeable in counterfeit prevention or detection practices/procedures
• Ability to perform defect data trend analysis; ability to make rational, risk-based decisions
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to facilitate team problem solving and influence cost-effective solutions
• Proficient in fostering working relationships, both internally with supporting functions as well as with suppliers at all functional and leadership levels
• Proficient in SAP, P2P, EPDM and Microsoft applications
• Self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset, effective time management skills and able to work with high level of autonomy Clearance Level: None Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.