Staff Systems Engineer - Airborne Radar & Converged Sensors
Liverpool, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Staff Systems Engineer - Airborne Radar & Converged Sensors
Liverpool, New York
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Airborne and National Surveillance Radar (ANSR) team designs, builds, and upgrades a diverse portfolio of airborne sensors. This market segment delivers cutting-edge capabilities to an array of DoD and international customers, including continuous upgrades to the Navy’s AN/APY-9 long range surveillance radar on the E-2D. Working on this team offers numerous opportunities from the stability of production to the exploration of algorithm design and the ingenuity of advanced technology development in support of Next Generation airborne multi-function apertures. Expertise in Airborne and Ground Moving Target Indicator (AMTI/GMTI), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Electronic Protection (EP) can be put to work in solving our customer’s needs on a breadth of platforms. Example radar algorithms that are in development are Space Time Adaptive Processing (STAP), Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO), and Transmit and Receive Calibration. Due to the complexity of performing multiple functions, these future systems will require Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to optimize performance. Difficult, ever evolving mission environments will require high fidelity System-of-Systems (SoS) Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and Operations Analysis (OA) within DoD mission-level frameworks, such as the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM). ANSR is a growing team that offers numerous opportunities across all aspects of the product life cycle.
This position is for an engineer to perform the design, analysis, and requirements verification of high performance systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
This Systems Engineer will:
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions.
- Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop algorithms for processing radar data.
- Develop models and detailed simulations to assess system performance.
- Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
- Conduct system verification and support certification activities.
- Perform technical leadership of the above activities.
- Represent the organization on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters.
- Requires significant experience in the design and/or integration of sensor systems such as radar systems.
- Experience with radar performance tools such as MATLAB is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance to at least the Secret level.
- Design and development of radar systems, including familiarity of advanced radar signal processing techniques.
- Performing trades studies, requirements analysis, development,
derivation, allocation, and documentation,
- Engineering design and development, software development processes and Systems and software modeling.
- Design tools and environments for radar systems and subsystems for performance analysis and modeling.
- Computer architectures and algorithm development for a range of
- Strong interpersonal skills with comfort working on geographically diverse teams.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Model Based System Design, Test Automation, and Agile development experience
- DevSecOps experience Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.