Reliability Staff System Engineer
Liverpool, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Reliability Staff System Engineer
Liverpool, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin, we believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. We value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at, and outside of, work.
Position Responsibilities performed independently with limited supervision. May be performed in a project leadership capacity.
This position is for a reliability, maintainability, and availability (RMA) engineer with expertise in developing and optimizing RMA approaches. Specific tasks include:
• Ability to influence the system CONOPs, systems design, system test, and deployment for optimized RMA performance
• Ability to resolve complex RMA technical issues with sophisticated customers using analysis, data, industry practices, and academic research
• Lead RMA teams through major system design milestones including development of key RMA artifacts and analysis and presentation of the system/sub-system design to key stakeholders
• RMA experience at the systems of system level and an ability to translate environmental and operational factors directly to RMA approach, analysis, and testing
• Ability to decompose Concept of Operations into RMA driving factors
• Perform system level trades across system performance, total ownership cost, and reliability and maintainability concepts for very high availability systems
• Predict, allocate, and document reliability, maintainability and availability metrics across systems, sub-systems, and components
• Use of reliability growth testing and models as part of an overall reliability program
• Interpret statistical data derived from failure reporting programs and reliability demonstrations and apply information derived from failure data in correct actions and design updates.
• Integration of reliability, maintainability, and availability with diagnostic designs and systems
• Integration of reliability, maintainability, and availability with sustainability programs
• Application of FRACAS and Fault Tree Analysis techniques to refine RMA design
• Bachelors degree (aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering; math; physics; computer science), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Experience and proven superior performance in RMA engineering
• Extensive experience in customer facing position and recognition as a subject matter expert in RMA.
• Application of RMA disciplines as part of an overall systems engineering effort, with specific focus on how RMA tasks support and influence all aspects of the system lifecycle
• Very strong written and verbal presentation skills
• RMA experience in a diversity of sophisticated electrical and mechanical systems or software intensive systems
• Background in reliability maintainability calculations in accordance with industry standards (MIL-HNBK-217, Bellcore/Telecordia, etc..)
• Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
• Master’s degree in aerospace, mechanical,
or electrical engineering; math; physics;
computer science; or equivalent degree / years
• Active DoD clearance. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.