Program Quality Engineer Staff
Liverpool, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Program Quality Engineer Staff
Liverpool, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The Program Quality Engineer will have responsibility for alignment of process & product quality for program/s within the Spectrum Convergence Market Segment and Air and Maritime Cyber & Electronic Warfare Submarket Segment. This position requires a strong understanding of quality science and a strong ability to work collaboratively with other functions including program management, supplier quality, and engineering quality. The selected candidate will apply quality applications to programs through proposal efforts, program startup, and program execution. Additionally, the selected candidate will analyze program and quality process performance, identify adverse trends, understand/identify risks, and drive effective corrective action as well as overall process improvements.
Key responsibilities include:
• Overall responsibility for implementation and execution of the quality management system.
• Perform Contract Review to identify contract quality requirements and generating and ensuring implementation of a Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) on the program consistent with those requirements.
• Partner with Program Management and IPT to provide proactive issue identification, causal analysis, mitigation, and preventive action.
• Identify risks and proactively work with the program team to document risks and help to develop and ensure mitigation plans are in place.
• Represent the RMS Quality functional organization at program reviews, program staff meetings, etc.
• Establish and maintain Quality metrics that are utilized by the program team to monitor performance.
• Drive root cause analysis, and corrective actions as required.
• Communicate and escalate quality, customer satisfaction and program performance issues to the program team, functional / program managers and business leaders as necessary for timely resolution.
• Responsible for helping to improve CPAR scores for the Quality scope.
• Ensure realistic QA budgets and staffing are established for the Quality Program Team and cost commitments are met through application of earned value principles.
• Plan and oversee program audits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related professional experience
• Previous experience in Quality Engineering and/or related discipline processes
• Understanding of basic Hardware Quality processes
• Understanding of basic Supplier Quality processes
Ability to obtain Secret clearance
• Previous Program Quality Experience
• QA/Test and Inspection
• Program Management Experience
• Project Management, Leadership and Delegation Abilities
• ISO/AS9100 Auditor
• Risk Identification and Mitigation
• Formal Causal Analysis Experience
• Certified Cost Account Manager (CAM)
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt/Blackbelt Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.