Product Quality Engineer
Liverpool, New York
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Product Quality Engineer
Liverpool, New York
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background!
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, Then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
This requisition is for a Level 3 Product Quality Engineer on the LM Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) programs in Syracuse, NY. The position will interface directly with the Production teams on Product Quality Assurance (PQA) work tasks/priorities and functionally reports to the LM RMS PQA Manager. The candidate must have a demonstrated history of strong performance and ability to take initiative across a variety of QA responsibilities/tasks on development and/or sustainment programs. They are expected to quickly come-up to speed with the products, Hardware PQA work scope, technical requirements, program risks, and delivery milestone schedules. The Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance, and participate/interface with the engineering and production counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements and proactive actions taken to prevent recurrence.
• Ability to evaluate and disposition production nonconforming hardware and analyze defect data to identify systemic issues and trends
• Provide inputs to the Production QPM on product QA tasking, as required, to ensure sound labor estimates on ECPs and on-going proposal efforts
• Ability to verify systems are 100% compliant to the requirements and to present systems to customer representative(s) for acceptance
• Support, participate and execute strategies related to the roll-out of advanced manufacturing. This includes Additive Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
• Conduct data validation, statistical data analysis, and presentation of Quality metrics as part of the QMS for manufacturing
• Conduct process audits in accordance with internal processes and AS9100 standard
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k, insurance and a new 4/10 schedule. We remain an equal opportunity company.
- Excellent communication skills
- ISO/AS9100 knowledge
- Proven audit experience
- Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with hardware engineering requirements development and design, and system integration and test
- Good understanding of manufacturing and hardware engineering processes.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders including Military Customers
- Ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams and communicate with positive impact
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- DoD contract experience
- Lean/Six Sigma black (or green) belt
- IPC 610/620 and J-STD-001 standard certification
- Experience interfacing with Government Customer Representatives
- Root cause analysis experience
- Experience with implementation of advanced manufacturing techniques i.e.; additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, lean manufacturing, Data Analytics and Computer Aided Inspection.
-Experience with implementation of predictive Quality Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.