At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Lockheed Martin Space has embarked on a transformational journey – destination the future. Digital transformation is Lockheed Martin’s path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that create value across the entire lifecycle. To help us along this journey Space is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Space Business Transformation UX Designer. We’re looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm to enable and deliver on the Space Business Transformation!
UX Designers contribute to the customers perspective of Business Transformation developments at Lockheed Martin Space. As a member of the Business Transformation team, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing a common user experience across a wide array of integrated business and information solutions (including COTS) to provide LM with the ability to accomplish its business goals with discriminating capabilities that give LM a competitive advantage. UX designers participate with internal customers to formulate and implement enterprise-wide business, organization and information technology strategies. The successful candidate will work with internal customers to help conceptualize means to apply information technology as a strategic asset. UX designers will work with Space Business Transformation Portfolio and Functional Leadership teams to identify opportunities to create the desired customer user experiences that will impress!
• Experience creating overall concepts for the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
• Experience accounting for and tracking the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design, using quantitative and qualitative user research and participatory design activities to identify user needs
• Experience creating surveys, analyzing user responses, conducting user testing and usability evaluations
• Experience translating user needs, user personas, use cases and user requirements into UX/UI requirements
• Experience documenting and communicating UX and visual design of projects (including rationale/benefits) to clients and management using personas, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, workflows, user stories, test dashboards and/or visualizations
• Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing production issues in quick turnaround time
• Work with the team for constant improvement of system performance and scale using system profiling tools and stress testing techniques
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Track record of being a self-starter and strong independent contributor
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops, and apply design thinking methods
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
• Accountable for Unit, Automation tests, build, and deployment of one or more modules in a DevOps environment.
• Continued education and research into UX/UI trends and current design strategy and technology
• Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
• Hands-on design and development of single page application using TDD (Test-driven development) and (DDD) Domain-driven design models.
• Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with React, Angular, Electron/Web Components
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Proven ability to successfully operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Familiar with Lockheed Martin digital transformation initiatives and organizations Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.