Staff Quality Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Staff Quality Engineer
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our extraordinary skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, to put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, and develop national defense systems. Come, be a part of our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Space.
Military Space Operations in Littleton, CO has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer supporting the GPSIII program for NavSystems line of business. In this role you will develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
You will contribute by completing a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities:
o Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
o Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
o Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
o Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
o May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
o May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
o Work includes support of Quality metrics generation and reporting, Cause and Effect analysis, and Program customer interface.
o You will engage with internal suppliers, manufacturing, and subcontractor/suppliers.
o Opportunity to support launch activities at various sites in support of program goals will require some limited travel
Benefits of Employment
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• Current Secret Security clearance and US Citizenship is required.
• Ability to obtain COMSEC.
• Ability to work periodic off-shifts and weekends.
• Strong technical experience in a related discipline (e.g. Quality Engineering, System Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing, Integration & Test).
• Experienced with Peer Review (PR), Quality Material Review Board (QMRB) and subject matter expert in executing test planning, hardware processing, and non-conformance processing including root cause analysis and corrective action development.
• Knowledge of SAP/ERP
• Must be able to interpret engineering dimensions, tolerances and requirements.
• Knowledge of Quality systems/processes and knowledge of external quality standards such as ISO9001 and/or AS9100.
• Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experienced in developing & presenting hardware build data and non-conformance metrics and trends to internal and external customers, in both written and oral presentations.
• As a successful member of the team that delivers exceptional results, you will need excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and develop rapport with the team and multiple partners and external customers
• Strong analytical and job closure skills and ability to work with competing, challenging requirements
• Travel, though infrequent, may be required for this position in order to support program objectives.
Ability to work well in an environment with challenging requirements and dynamic schedules. Experience making Preliminary Review / Material Review Board decisions.
• Current MRB certification.
• Experience with US Military customers, especially the US Space Force.
• Experience in electrical systems test, and EEE Parts, & Reliability Analyses.
• Experience in mechanical hardware and system design, assembly and test.
• Experience in establishing quality assurance performance metrics for identifying process improvement.
• Ability to use metrics and other means to critically assess organization, measure performance, and take corrective action.
• Experience with program management and project management tools.
• Experience working with DCMA and other government customer support organizations.
• Experience working with space vehicle subcontractors and suppliers.
• Understanding of export control and ITAR requirements for working with international suppliers. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.