Senior Staff Data Systems Architect
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Staff Data Systems Architect
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Senior Staff Data Systems Architect, you will be an instrumental member of the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) and work with the Business Transformation team to effect ground-breaking changes in defining new solutions and identifying and redefining older architectures!
The Data Systems Architect will support two areas:
First, support the business area program and project management team to:
• Meet and understand the business and engineering customers/partners and their subject areas in order to capture and understand their current-state architectures (processes//data/roles) and detail their needs/requests /requirements/desirements
• Work directly with customers/partners and IT to collaboratively define the solution space across the relevant domains
• Develop future-state conceptual architectures that are implementable, secure, scalable and supportable and decompose those conceptual architectures into functions that can be allocated to processes, data, and roles
Secondly, the Space Data Architecture Team, under the direction of the Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO) will:
• Ensure that all developed architectures are consistent with the enterprise vision, mission and roadmaps
• Develop architectures that integrate with the overall Space Enterprise Architecture and Domain-specific Architectures
• Document, model, and publish these architectures per methods and standards of the Space Data Architecture Team
• Integrate and operationalize these architectures as required
To be successful in this role, typically you will have a technical bachelor's degree and 14+ years of professional experience in the field.
Minimums to Qualify:
• Experience working as an Data Architect
• Broad experience across information technology (IT) technical subject areas: data, databases, data schemas, data services, application data interfaces, data infrastructure (compute, network, storage) and cybersecurity
• Designing and architecting data solutions across structured and unstructured data (i.e. SQL, NoSQL, Big Data)
• Experience in deploying analytics solutions
• Experience in creating data architectures, data governance, data quality and data measurement plans
• Experience in supporting data search solutions and indexing (such as ElasticSearch)
• 7+ years working as an IT Data Architect
• Basic understanding and experience in using the No Magic Cameo Systems Modeller or Enterprise Architecture (or similar) modelling tools
• Experience presenting at reviews with Customers and/or Senior Leadership
• Experience on Agile teams as an architecture stakeholder
• Broad, basic understanding of business and engineering activities/subject areas in DoD/Aerospace
• Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly – verbally, textually and graphically – to technical and non-technical partners at the Director level and below
• Developing, managing, and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
• Collaborating with IT project managers, database engineers and application programmers
• Experience in applying data access policies to heterogenous data stores
• Solid understanding of security principles in general and how to map them to IT components and functions Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Architect Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.