Senior Proposal ManagerApply Now Job ID: 506560BR Date posted: Oct. 17, 2019 City: Littleton State: Colorado Program: Proposal Ops
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Senior Proposal Manager within our Campaign Strategy & Operations Proposal Operations Team. You will use your expertise to build on the history and success of Lockheed Martin while building on your career achievements.
Operating in a team driven by strategic partnerships, deadlines, and wins, you will collaborate with our Capture Team. This role affords you the opportunity to work on programs that require a Top-Secret clearance with significant impacts on our Country’s National Strategic interests. This is a great opportunity for you to apply expert level writing skills to work as the volume author, readability reviewer, and serve as a mentor for authors assigned to proposals. You play a crucial role in translating themes and organizing teams into award success. We engage technical and executive experts to deliver the products and thrive on the idea of exciting new opportunities; pulling it all together and winning the opportunity for our team. You will take over partnership with the capture manager on new business paths to bring home the formal win which means you the key, visible player in Lockheed Martin’s future and space exploration.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You lead capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts.
• You have accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests.
• You perform proposal planning/scheduling, RFP analysis, lead/conduct proposal kick-offs/training, lead multi-discipline teams and provide coaching/guidance to team members.
• You have the primary responsibility for the design, development and delivery of compliant, compelling, customer-focused proposals.
• You ensure that value proposition/value delivery systems are identified as proposal strengths.
• Support all lines of business within LM Space for both competitive and follow-on proposals.
• You also could support high-reaching proposals as a volume lead.
• Willing to work varying schedule with overtime as driven by proposal demands.
• Willing to support limited travel and work away from home.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Benefits of Employment:
Innovative engineering, pioneering science and advanced technology are what make every day at Lockheed Martin Space spectacular. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
We enjoy a robust package of benefits, on-site campus perks and the opportunities of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Performance Bonus
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Experience leading and performing on diverse teams.
• Experience leading/managing projects and/or proposals.
• Experienced in writing and/or editing proposal sections.
• Experience with proposal volumes.
• Formal or informal leadership
• Over 3 years proposal experience in federal contracting market
• Experienced in multiple proposal types: competitive, sole source, and follow-on
• Led proposals with value over $25M
• Led proposals of team size greater than 5
• Experience in tailoring and delivery proposal-related training to proposal teams
• Has ability to participate and contribute to capture strategy
• Experienced in managing individual volumes for a larger proposal team
• Current SCI and/or DOD TS clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Business Development Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.