Senior Manager, Signal and Image Processing
Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Manager, Signal and Image Processing
Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
Description:Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration, and seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then join Lockheed Martin Space’s Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for as an Optical Payload Image Signal Processing Sr. Manager! OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
We are seeking a leader with a track record of delivering to technical, schedule, and financial commitments, and driving the best customer and enterprise value as a result. We want someone who demonstrates a breadth of technical knowledge across multiple functions and a variety of program experience. Our Senior Manager, Signal and Image Processing is someone with outstanding interpersonal skills, and a validated ability to represent the organization to customers, employees, and partners.
More specifically, you will:
• Partner with Lines of Business (LOB), OPCoE Program Development, and OPCoE Payload Systems Engineering teams to develop image processing capability in a consistent manner to enable reuse across multiple programs
• Develop transition plans for low Technology Readiness Level (TRL) products from the science and technology community
• Lead or support intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications
• Propose and execute IRAD projects with a goal of standardization and maturation, in coordination with OPCoE Program Development
• Enhance relationships with strategic suppliers and other LM Business Areas (BAs) to compliment the in-house OPCoE team
• Work closely with Payload IPTs leads and LOB leadership to understand mission drivers. Fold emerging mission trends into product roadmap to ensure a discriminating edge
• Implement and lead technical knowledge management to develop and maintain strengths, key technical skills, knowledge continuity and facilitate career advancement opportunities to employees
• Handle staffing requirements, sustain engineering capabilities and preserve critical skills
Working location can be in Littleton, Colorado OR Sunnyvale, California:
Signal Processing, Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing, DSP. Electro-Optical, Optical Engineering, Payload Engineering, Space Communications, Sensors, Remote Sensing, Electro Magnetic effects, EMC, EMI, Engineering Management, Technical Leadership, Algorithm Development, IRAD, Internal Research and Development and Classified Programs.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (i.e., electrical, computer science, or other engineering/science discipline); or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated experience with computer algorithms and image/signal processing
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and/or verification of signal and image collection systems
• Established experience in developing technical talent and building pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
• Experience working across space and ground applications. Our systems include ground-to-ground, space to ground (and vice versa), and space to space
• Experience in the development of processing and dissemination computer algorithms. Candidate will lead all aspects of a team that design, develop and analyze systems and algorithms for the extraction of information from signal and image sensors
• Experience in remote sensing; detection and estimation theories; morphological processing; neural networks; and utilization of signal processing within advanced computer architectures (i.e., GPUs)
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex technical issues/challenges
• Variety of customer experience and exposure across Space Lines-Of-Businesses
• 8 years of demonstrated technical expertise
• 3 years demonstrated hands-on expertise in space OR complex hardware/software systems
• Prior Full Spectrum Leadership roles with proven experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a multi-functional team environment
• Work with the OPCoE Chief Engineer, architects and Fellows to develop processing capabilities in accordance with Lines of Business (LOB) roadmaps and need dates
• Domain specialist for remote sensing, detection and estimation theories, morphological processing, speech processing, neural networks, electromagnetic and acoustic effects on signals, and utilization of signal processing with advanced computer architecture
• Provide significant impact to the enterprise through establishment of a dedicated team working to drive high TRL signal and image processing technology across programs Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $159,600 - $266,000 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleWork Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electro-Optical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.