RF Engineer Staff
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
RF Engineer Staff
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dedicated, creative, and forward thinking engineer to lead development for radar payload component hardware. This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of the design, development, integration, test, and verification activities including requirement development and flow-down, internal and external interface definition, leading the design effort through multiple critical program milestones (SRR, PDR, CDR), developing test and verification plans, and successful execution of the test and verification activities to deliver a cutting-edge radar payload. Good communication skills are required for this high visibility position. This position is expected to necessitate domestic travel at approximately 25% time.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Below are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Sunnyvale, CA and Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Sunnyvale, CA and Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience designing and delivering space RF products (e.g. antennas, phased arrays, frequency converters)
- Proven ability to communicate well with stakeholders both internal and external, including customers, management, and peers
- Experience in leading technical development through product lifecycle phases (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, verification)
- Ability to independently develop, implement, and execute technical approaches that meet program technical, cost, and schedule constraints
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience designing and delivering radar hardware
- Experience with development of phased array antennas
- Experience with one or more of the following radar mission areas: Moving target indicator radar, Synthetic aperture radar, High range resolution radar
- Master’s Degree or higher education in a relevant discipline Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.