RF Engineer Senior Staff - Circuit Design, Advanced Career
Description:Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton CO!
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Lockheed Martin. You know about us already. We've been around for over 100 years and plan to be here for at least 100 more! We solve complex challenges, advance scientific discovery and deliver innovative solutions that help our customers keep people safe. We employ 116,000 employees worldwide, 20% of whom are veterans!
We know that our strong company culture and core values help us perform better in the long run. We believe in work-life balance which results in increased productivity and a happier, less-stressed workforce.
Our 3 core values are the foundation of our culture:
1. Do the right thing
2. Perform with excellence
3. Treat others with respect
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
What does this role look like?
As a RF Engineer Senior Staff - Circuit Design, you will work on the development of a sophisticated state-of-the-art Avionics product in a world class Integrated Product Development environment.
Key activities you will accomplish in this role:
• Architect and design Radio Frequency systems and circuitry.
• Design and develop RF circuitry used in high frequency and microwave applications, including antennas, transmitters, receivers, passive devices such as power dividers, hybrid couplers, combiners, RF conversion elements and transmission lines.
• Responsible for hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test.
• Prepare test methods and specifications; analyze and test RF hardware to verify performance characteristics.
• Perform link analysis and optimization, including effects of propagation medium and possible interference sources.
• Provide inputs to Product Development for formal documentation and supports manufacturing during the deliverable assembly and test phase.
• Develop and allocate RF system and subsystem functional and performance requirements.
• Identify and track RF technical performance measurements (TPMs).
• Perform RF system/subsystem/component trade studies and CAIV analysis.
• Support Life Cycle Costs, reliability, availability, and maintainability analysis.
We are looking for:
• Experience supporting the technical evaluation of design and requirements verification.
• Experience in different phases of aerospace hardware development cycle.
• Experience interacting with peers, management and government customers.
• Experience in presentations and in written communication skills.
• Missile design experience.
Typical mins for this role:
• 13 to 20+ years of professional experience for this role.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
telemetry, GPS, defense, satellite, communication systems, transmitters, radio, electromagnetic, electrical, oscillators, modulation
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• Experience with RF design, RF circuits and testing of passive and active components.
• RF circuit analysis using tools such as Agilent ADS (Advanced Design System), Ansys HFSS (High Frequency Structure Simulator), AWR Microwave Office, or similar tool packages.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
• Designing transmitters, receivers, RF passive devices, etc.
• Designing antennas and/or feed networks, such as Antenna design and analysis, using tools such as Altium, Zuken, GRASP (General Responsibility Assignment Software Patterns), HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, or similar tool packages
• Experience leading an engineering team in the areas of technical execution, cost, and schedule
• Requirements analysis, decomposition and flow down of RF payloads waveguide components, horns, helices, phased arrays, etc.
• Must possess excellent presentation skills and technical writing skills
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance
• Experience collaborating with internal or external customers
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
The annual base salary range for this position in California and New York (excluding most major metropolitan areas), Colorado, or Washington is $134,300 - $257,400 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full-time employees: accrue at least 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO) to be used for incidental absences and other reasons; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of Vacation per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO, Vacation, sick leave, and holiday hours are prorated based on start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The application window will close in 90 days; applicants are encouraged to apply within 5 - 30 days of the requisition posting date in order to receive optimal consideration.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.