RF Communications Systems Engineer
Littleton, Colorado; Lone Tree, Colorado
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
RF Communications Systems Engineer
Littleton, Colorado; Lone Tree, Colorado
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space!
As a RF Communications Systems Engineer with LM Space you will contribute toward the development and delivery of RF and digital payloads, and RF and optical subsystem solutions, for Space and Missile platforms. RF payloads and subsystems are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers.
The candidate will perform complex satellite communication system analyses, generate designs and perform trades targeted to digitally processed payloads; Will be responsible for RF/payload/communication system analysis, modeling and simulation, digital payload design.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Experience with the development and delivery of RF payloads and/or subsystems
• Experience developing and analyzing technical requirements, performing trade studies, and allocating functions down to RF payloads, subsystems and/or components
• Experience defining end-to-end performance and functionality of RF payloads and/or subsystems, consistent with mission needs and CONOPS
• Experience in communication system analysis, modeling and simulation.
• A team player with the demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams and communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers, management, and peers
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
• Experience in Digital Communications and Signal Processing.
• Experience with certifying and selling off an RF payload or subsystem to the customer
• MSEE or PhD (with specialization in Digital Communications and Digital Signal Processing)
• In-depth theoretical knowledge of Digital Communications and Digital Signal Processing and ability to apply knowledge to digitally processed satellite payloads.
• RF/payload/communication experience in system analysis, modeling and simulation.
• Knowledge and experience in the area of A-to-D and D-to-A analysis and testing; digital channelization, digital beamforming, digital receiver theory and technology; ability to analyze and evaluate complex satellite test data, extensive experience working with spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and vector signal analyzers and their associated data.
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink in modeling complex communication systems. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.