Radar Systems Engineering Manager
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Radar Systems Engineering Manager
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
As the Radar Systems Engineering Manager you will lead the Radar Systems Group within the RF Center of Excellence (RF-CoE) to develop and deliver Radar payload solutions for space.
The Radar Systems Manager will:
• Develop, coordinate, and implement overall Radar payload strategy and roadmap in support of near term and longer term needs
• Manage & execute Radar Product Portfolio across IRADs, CRADs, pursuits and programs
• Provide leadership for the Radar Systems Group
• Support future business activities by developing proposals for in house work, support enterprise make-buy decisions, and support supplier development
• Build and Maintain strong working relationships with Supply Chain, LOB leadership, and Space Engineering
• Proactively address RF CoE talent management, including knowledge sharing, career development, training, and recruiting
• Ensure compliance to LM engineering processes and develop best practices
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience in a related engineering discipline
- Knowledge of RF/Microwave products
- Strong leadership skills with proven capability of leading technical teams and building working relationships across organizations
- Proven organizational and team-building skills
- Background in Radar System Design, phenomenology, performance modeling and payload design
- Experience in a formal leadership role
- Familiar with Digital Transformation Initiatives
- Experience with MBSE, MBE, and Agile Project Management Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $127,700 - $212,800 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: YesCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.