Project Manager - Master Program Planner Associate Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Project Manager - Master Program Planner Associate Manager
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for a senior level Master Planner to lead a team on the GPS III program. In this role, you will partner with Program Management to drive all phases of program planning from inception through completion to architect, develop, and manage the Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule to meet program strategic objectives.
In this role you will…….
• Provide direction to other program planners
• Coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary and recognition/disciplinary actions
• Lead program start-up activities for new contracts and upcoming proposals
• Work with the technical community, operational community, and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
• Manage a team to develop and maintain a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow, and resources required to execute the program
• Validate cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management
• Manage vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artifacts compliant with LM's command media. Drive efficiency and commonality within Military Space
• Interface with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the program’s planning integrator
• Devise modeling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline
• Perform time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification, and schedule risk assessments to ensure program capability to meet commitments
• Resolve schedule conflicts, develop and implement work-around strategies and tactical alternatives
• Utilize performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• 4-6 years of previous aerospace/defense/government contractor planning/scheduling experience in a lead role on programs requiring EVM
• Strong Earned Value Management knowledge within aerospace/defense contracting industry
• Previous experience working high dollar value competitive proposals from a contractor’s perspective ($10million - $1 billion+)
• Expert in planning and scheduling network/database tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, or comparable planning tool
• Expert in Program Planning processes such as critical path analyses, schedule risk analyses, and/or work-around planning
• Experience with Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) tools, summary schedule tools such as Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro
• Experience with compliance requirements and surveillance
• Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Must be a United States citizen
• Prior leadership experience (either formal or informal)
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Program Planning Type: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.