Global Security Future Architectures IRAD Project Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Global Security Future Architectures IRAD Project Engineer
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Come join Lockheed Martin's Global Security Future Architectures team. We excel at creating end to end systems that provide integrated space and ground capabilities to support National Security Space. The Global Security team has a long and proud history supporting critical missions and driving innovation for expanded mission capabilities. Come be part of our teams’ mission to propel LM into the future - combining our technical performance with business operations agility and digital, risk-based testing to drive overall efficiency for our customer.
As part of the Global Security Future Architectures (GSFA) program, the GSFA investment project lead will directly support the GSFA director.
Responsibilities will include:
• Create and maintain investment roadmaps to our multiple program acquisitions
• Manage investment planning, budget, schedule, stakeholder management, communication, and execution
• Perform in a variety of capacities for multiple projects of various size, scope, and complexity
• Maintain robust program documentation and communication materials
• Help develop analytics, metrics and reporting the health of return on investments
• Ensure actions and initiatives are tracked, prioritized, and executed
• Prior organizational/project implementation experience
• Demonstrated experience in leading projects from development to execution meeting cost and schedule constraints
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• DoD Top Secret clearance
• 4-5 years of prior organizational/project implementation experience
• Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in leading projects from development to execution meeting cost and schedule constraints
• Experience with agile project management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
• Demonstrated project execution experience without appreciable direction
• Experience driving continuous improvement and common process across diverse stakeholder groups
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
• Ability to ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives
• Demonstrated conceptual thinker with effective project management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
• Outstanding ability to partner and work effectively with key stakeholders
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products with advanced Excel skill
• Previous Proposal, BOE, & Negotiations experience
• Demonstrated experience in affordability initiatives or projects Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $122,900 - $204,800 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Program Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.