Facilities Electrical Engineer
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters! Lockheed Martin Space builds satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most…that’s what we do. Our satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach!
Our facility in Littleton, CO seeks a Facilities Engineer to join our mission supporting the Plant Operations & Services Organization. Virtually every Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction, and execution management, which is performed risk-free in support of business needs without interruption. On our Facilities team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current, state-of-the-art engineering facilities.
This position will require innovative and agile approaches to ensure the reliability of mechanical/electrical infrastructure that produces cutting-edge space systems and analyzes trends while managing operational efficiencies.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role, you will...
• Provide dedicated expertise in Electrical engineering, configuring, and operating Site/Building Electrical systems, mechanical systems, access control systems/intrusion detection systems and fire alarm/life safety systems/Building Automation Systems
• Provide a Plant Engineering solution by investigating requirements, writing Scope of Work (SOW), producing cost estimates and specifications on plant infrastructure systems
• Serve as a technical point of contact and maintenance support for project design reviews, construction support, system commissioning, technical review of documents, and strategic infrastructure planning assessments
• Perform tasks related to overall management and operations of facilities/infrastructure equipment, maintenance/repair, and construction
• Apply engineering knowledge to assess current systems and provide engineering solutions to reduce risk and improve reliability and operational capabilities
• Support the Facilities Risk Management group providing root cause and corrective action support during risk incident investigations and reviews
• Coordinate with supporting entities representing Fire Safety, Environmental Safety & Health, Security, Quality Control Mission Success, Outside Vendors, Energy Management, etc.
• Support after hours emergency response
Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 3 years of professional experience and/or equivalent experience and education
• Technical writing and communication skills
• Electrical Substation infrastructure experience
• Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD or other drafting programs)
• Microsoft Office Software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Cause and Effect Root Cause Analysis
• Ability to develop Statement of Work (SOW)
• Knowledge of relevant building and construction codes/Standards
• Ability to work in a dynamic/collaborative environment
• System life-cycle analysis experience
• Experience performing written technical analysis and risk
• Experience participating in installation design planning phases and final commissioning
• Technical ability to point out discrepancies and perform risk analysis
• Lean/6-Sigma Training
• Energy Management experience
• Building Automation Controls
• Experience in intrusion detection, access control, fire/life safety systems
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $74,700 - $143,100. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Facilities
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.