Electro-Optical Payload Electronics CPE
Littleton, Colorado; Louisville, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Electro-Optical Payload Electronics CPE
Littleton, Colorado; Louisville, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
As a Payload Electronics CPE you will be: (a) working with Systems Engineering and subcontractors to develop specifications; (b) assuring optical payload electronic configuration Items, circuitry designs and electrical components with specific characteristics are within specified electrical requirements and perform according to specifications, (c) a part of a team developing designs, analyzes, and tests for electro-optical systems and components to drive common, high TRL payload products across programs.
• Performing as a CPE for the development of optical payload electronics systems
• Leading design reviews, Engineering Material Review Board (EMRB) hardware discrepancy decisions and Failure Review Board (FRB) as required
• Resolving test anomalies and troubleshooting
• Generation, review and presentation of payload electronics Product Certifications
• Support of system level testing
• Providing technical guidance and direction to electronics vendors and LM electrical design teams to ensure compliance of optical payload electronics products with all program requirements
• Leadership of cross-functional development teams, coordinating with partners (e.g. subcontractor, customer, SEIT, and parts organizations)
• Ownership of optical payload electronics documentation (design, analysis, and interface definitions)
• Creation of technology maturation and risk reduction plans for critical electrical payload elements and subsystems
• Supporting proposal development activities for objective payload systems
• Coordinating with partners and stakeholders (e.g., subcontractor, customer, SEIT, and multiple M&P and parts organizations) and handling closure of Action Items and Liens
• Managing risk and identifying mitigation plans to meet productivity, quality, cost, schedule, and mission success objectives
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelors degree or higher in electrical engineering or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience leading others as a project or team lead in developing optical and/or electrical products through all phases of the life cycle
• Experience in development of analog or digital electronic circuitry
• Experience as a technical product lead of analog and/or digital electronics systems
• U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI /Poly clearance
• Current TS/SCI/Poly clearance
• Ability to travel approximately 25%
• Experience in software and electronics (analog, digital, and RF).
• Experience as a Certified Principal Engineer / Product Lead of analog and digital electronics
• Experience working with Subcontractors and sub-tier suppliers
• Familiarity with processes on failure investigation (root cause analysis, Failure Review Boards, etc.)
• Experience assisting with as-built pedigree and quality documentation reviews
• Experience supporting the technical evaluation of design and requirements verification
• Experience in all phases of aerospace electronic component development cycle
• Experience interacting with peers, management and government customers
• Proficient in speaking, messaging, presentations and in written communication skills Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $106,400 - $177,300 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electro-Optical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.