DevSecOps Engineer - Linux
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
DevSecOps Engineer - Linux
This position is for a Development, Security, Operations (DevSecOps) and Software Configuration Management professional. As part of the Spectrum Convergence Team, the candidate must possess the ability to design, implement, and run DevSecOps and software control environment to enable highly efficient and productive software development processes and workflows through automation and sophisticated problem solving.
The candidate will install, integrate, test, fix, resolve issues, and maintain the software suite. He/she will be able to create/maintain a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline to conduct automated building, testing, and deployment of prototype and experimental software. The candidate will help lead the transformation into a DevSecOps method of working.
The candidate can expect to work closely in agile teams utilizing the Scaled Agile Mastery to tackle a variety of technical problems. The candidate should be a self-starter that is diligent to details and works well in a multi- focused teaming environment. The candidate will frequently use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to solve a wide range of difficult technical problems.
The candidate will support multiple project objectives utilizing validated technical skills, implementing industry standard methodologies and collaborating with colleagues, contractors, and customers. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to efficiently run builds, deployments, and configuration resolutions for multiple integrated applications during software release cycles for development, test, and production environments.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software.
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Administration Experience with Linux/Unix commands and environment
- Administration Experience with DevSecOps Tools
- Validated hands on work experience with Linux and Windows operating system
- Administration of DevSecOps tools such as GitLab Sonatype Nexus and Jenkins CI
- Prepare, package, and stage applications for test and production environments
- Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Shell)
- Provide technical support, training, and guidance to program personnel on DevSecOps tools and software development lifecycle
- Knowledge in controlling third party software (COTS, GOTS, and FOSS) to ensure efficient storage and reusability across the program
- Ensure customer requirements are implemented and review change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
- Experience running CM boards and updating CM related documentation
Ability to obtain a DoD Interim Secret Security Clearance and a final TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools: (Git, Gitlab, Clearcase)
- Sophisticated knowledge of build systems used in a parallel and distributed build environment to include Make, Ant, Maven, and clearmake
- Experience with Redhat (RHEL) 6.x, 7.x, 8.x.
- Experience with Agile Process Tools (VersionOne, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with DoD, CMMI, IEEE and ISO efforts
- Automated Testing
- Ability to support multiple release project schedules simultaneously
- Ability to define, design, and implement an automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) system
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related subject area, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.