Data Architecture and Strategy Mgr / Chief Data and Analytics Officer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Data Architecture and Strategy Mgr / Chief Data and Analytics Officer
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Data Architecture and Strategy Sr Mgr, you will be an instrumental member of the Chief Data and Analytics Officer team to effect ground-breaking changes in defining new solutions and identifying and redefining older architectures! You will serve as the Chief Data and Analytics Officer for LM Space in all capacities where an officer is required to engage!
The Data Architecture and Strategy Sr Mgr will support the following key areas:
First, the business area program and project management team to:
• Meet and understand the business and engineering customers/partners and their subject areas in order to capture and understand their current-state architectures (processes/systems/data/roles) and detail their needs/requests/requirements/desires across our Lines of Businesses (LOBs) and Multi-Functional Organizations (MFOs).
• Work directly with customers/partners, IT and BITEE collaboratively to define the solution space and lead trade analyses within and across the relevant domains – technical (IT and non-IT) and non-technical.
• Engineer/develop future-state conceptual architectures that are implementable, secure, scalable and supportable and decompose those conceptual architectures into functions that can be allocated to processes/systems/data/roles.
• Lead a team of data architects in modernizing the way we collect, organize, manage, visualize and analyze data across Space.
• Help deliver Big Data, Information Modernization and other critical project architecture definitions to support the deployment of a more cloud-oriented approach to Big Data in support of telemetry processing and delivery.
• Support proposal activities in support of our data approach.
• Collaboratively work with the Enterprise in the delivery of our data approach into a common capability that can be used across multiple business areas.
• Manage data architects throughout the CDAO in delivering on critical capabilities to support the Space business area.
• Will be responsible for leveraging data experts across the data organization in governance, AI, ML, advanced analytics and data services implementation
-Develop governance and architecture standards and resulting command media where appropriate. This position will assist in driving audits and assessments of data throughout LM Space and guide it’s implementation into a service driven architecture that drives additional business value and reduces operating costs.
The Data Architect Sr Mgr will work as part of the Space CDAO Mission Area and work alongside the System Architect Mission Area to:
• Ensure that all developed architectures are consistent with IT vision, mission and roadmaps
• Develop these architectures so that they integrate with the overall Space Enterprise Architecture, IT System of Systems Architecture and IT Domain Architectures
• Document/model and publish these architectures per methods and standards of the Space IT Architecture Team
• Integrate and operationalize these architectures as required
To be successful in this role, typically you will have a technical bachelor's degree and 15+ years of professional experience in the field.
• Experience working as a Data Architect (IT and other missions) and leading data architect in technical data solutions.
• Experience in managing teams, assisting with performance assessments and ensuring deliveries against specific milestones for projects.
• Broad experience across IT and other technical subject areas: data, applications, infrastructure (compute, network, storage) and cybersecurity
• Solid understanding of security principles in general and how to map/trace them to IT and other systems, components and functions
• Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly – verbally, textually and graphically – to technical and non-technical stakeholders at the Director level and below
• Designing and architecting data solutions (i.e. SQL, NoSQL, Big Data)
• Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
• Developing, managing, and testing back-up and recovery plans
• Collaborating with IT and other project managers, database engineers and application programmers
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff
• Experience in deploying AI / ML solutions using approved data sources
• Experience in creating data architectures, data governance, data quality and data measurement plans
• Experience in supporting data search solutions (i.e. Elastic Search)
• Experience in applying data access policies to heterogenous data stores
• Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
• 10+ years working as a Data Architect and Manager or project manager
• Basic understanding and experience modeling systems in SysML, using No Magic Cameo or similar tool
• Experience presenting at reviews with Customers and/or Senior Leadership
• Experience architecting systems in an Agile environment
• Broad, basic understanding of business and engineering activities/subject areas in DoD/Aerospace, including some experience working classified projects
-Working level understanding and experience with transformation architectures, data environments used in lines of business and working level understanding of business challenges where data strategies must be applied.
-Experience acting as or representing as an organization’s Chief Data and Analytics Officer
• Active DoD Top Secret / SCI clearance
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Information Technology Type: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.