Cyber Security Engineer
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Security Engineer
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet … or any other … are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day, we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design, and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires our employees to dream big; perform with excellence; and build incredible products. We provide the resources, the support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities. Together, we’ll build a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to further your career in Cyber Security by working for one of the top companies in the world? This position is for a Cyber Security Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and collaborative Cyber engineering team that supports the Conventional Prompt Strike (CPS) Program located in Littleton, Colorado. In this role, the selected candidate will:
• Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate, and verify Cyber solutions across the lifecycle.
• Assist in planning and executing penetration tests across multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, including Linux and Windows.
• Design the T&E environment to include hardware/software tools as well as equipment/applications to emulate systems and threats.
• Develop T&E plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and lead conduct of Cyber Tabletops (CTT).
• Execute and coordinate threat assessments and attack surface analysis.
• Conduct risk assessments to include threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, and mitigation solutions.
• Conduct T&E of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
• Execute Cyber test activities to include test reporting and software assurance (SWA).
• Experience with software code evaluations and/or software unit, integration, and/or qualifications tests.
• Experience with Cyber exploit development and penetration testing using Cyber-hunting techniques/methodologies
• Experience with hardware and software reverse engineering
• Experience with attack surface analysis
• Minimum of DoD 8140 IAT Level II (e.g., Security+ certification).
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Ability to perform source code and disassembled code reviews.
• Experience with Cyber vulnerability analysis
• Networking Fundamentals
• Knowledge of adversarial activities in cyberspace with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) with the ability to emulate these TTP to assess vulnerability and risk, and contribute to the identification of indicators that facilitate detection of the activity
• Scripting (Powershell/Kickstart/Ansible/Python)
• System architecture and system design modeling tools
• Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skill
• Experience conducting Cyber Tabletops (CTT)
• Experienced in Red Team/Blue Team Testing
• Experience with MIL-STD-1553B
• Knowledge of Agile development practices.
• Ability to travel as required
• Possess Cyber testing related certification(s).
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $93,400 - $179,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Cyber Security Engineering
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Littleton — Colorado
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map