Contracts Sr. Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Sr. Manager
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Senior Contracts Manager within the Contracts, Estimating and ICE (CE&I) organization will lead the Central Contracts Training and Close-Out team and staff responsible for final contract close-out effort, interfacing with DCMA customers for close-out coordination, and developing strategic training and program coordination business rhythms with our Space contracts staff.
- Manage team of contracts professionals that are focused on close-out, training, and internal “audit” of key contracts processes across our programs to ensure needed expertise, program support, record retention, delegation of authority, and compliance actions are met or exceeded.
- Interface regularly with business area functional leadership and program contracts leadership to understand issues and needs of the programs impacting successful contract management and/or close-out efforts and develop business rhythms or training programs to address any identified gaps.
- Ensuring business area contract close out effort is timely and meets USG requirements through establishment of business rhythms with the LOB contracts leadership, functional POC’s across supply chain, finance, property management, etc and our site specific DCMA customers across the US.
- Act as the liaison to corporate contracts for any training or staff development initiatives including development of corporate wide training plans, identification of new and innovative ways to improve on the skills across the function, and performing listening tours to represent the business area expectation for collaboration and/or partnering with other business areas or team members.
- Lead the CE&I Best Practices Exchange Panel initiative developing talent and addressing areas of innovation or new ideas to accomplish CE&I goals.
- Regularly meeting with CE&I team members across all programs to provide training, perform internal checks on adherence to policies, record retention, or compliance aspects of the CE&I function.
- Interact directly with executive functional leadership relative to fulfilling and providing status on work assignments.
- Interact directly with customers when required to effect contract close out coordination and key metrics for close-out.
- Lead or support initiatives as requested by the VP, CE&I that require CE&I expertise and leadership possibly involving cross functional or cross program involvement or participation.
This position requires you to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance. U.S. Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Demonstrated Contract Management experience leading a team of professionals through the life cycle of contract administration including proposals, administration, and close-out.
- Proficient in the interpretation and implementation of FAR and DFARS requirements.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college, or equivalent years of professional experience within the field in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience working with multiple contract types and customers. Experience coordinating issues and regularly working or meeting with DCAA and DCMA.
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment with the ability to track, status, and meet all deadlines with a focus on key proposals or contractual milestones.
- Ability to interface and address complex issues at an executive level as well mentoring or teaching entry level or more junior level professionals in the skills required in contract management.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including both formal and informal leadership positions as well as experience developing strategies to train, energize, and bring complex business projects from approval to completion using a well coordinated approach Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: This is a full-time telecommuter position which offers the flexibility to work away from a Lockheed Martin facility, usually a home office, with reliable telecommunications access. Selected candidates may work from a local Lockheed Martin facility if mutually agreed to with the leader.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.