Contracts Senior Manager
Littleton, Colorado, Sunnyvale, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Senior Manager
Littleton, Colorado, Sunnyvale, California
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Contracts Senior Manager will provide leadership to the Management function for the Military Space Line of Business within Lockheed Martin Space. You must have the ability to provide management and expertise to a staff of professionals in multiple locations, and guide growth and development of the function as necessary to support the changing needs of the Business.
This position directly participates in establishing and administering projects and assignments and maintaining a consistent business reporting rhythm. Candidate must be comfortable working all contract types (FFP, FPI, CPAF/IF, OTA, T&M) and have demonstrated experience establishing and refining management approaches, developing strategies for various contract types, operational support, and best practices and tools.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plays a key role in shaping the future of Lockheed Martin through capturing follow-on and new business as well as developing leaders within the organization.
- All aspects of administration including proposal support and negotiation, post- award administration, scope management, and closeout.
- Serve as a valued business leader and partner with business development, programs, functional counterparts and Program Management leadership to drive creative and competitive contracting approaches.
- Provide guidance, advice and counsel to programmatic and technical staff regarding contract interpretation issues, contract scope issues, and other contract related matters
- Responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Collaborate with internal customers (including Line of Business leadership) and external customers.
- Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal, provides risk assessments and coordinate proposals
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies
- Develop and apply solutions to complex problems which require the regular use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Managing, mentoring, training and providing contractual guidance to junior employees
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Must be an experienced leader.
- Experience providing strategic and sound business advice to senior leadership.
- Expertise in U.S. Government (FAR/DFARs) Contracting.
- Experience with identification of risk and associated financial implications.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and strategically with functional and program counterparts to drive business results.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Experience in drafting terms and conditions.
- Proposal preparation and negotiations.
- Knowledge of all contracting arrangements for complex development and hardware programs.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.